We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Empty language strings… | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
MRK
MRK Nov 9 '16
Is it possible to fill automatically empty language strings with strings from other language pack? 

dave Leader
dave Nov 10 '16
Hi, you really should clean them out, there is a free language cleaner in the store.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1079

Why are you wanting to replace them with another language?
Steve
Steve Nov 10 '16
dave I think what he is asking is lets say you got the spanish language pack which does have some empty language strings in it is you can fix them with another spanish pack.
dave Leader
dave Nov 10 '16
OH that i dont know i think one overwrites the other, that would be my guess.
MRK
MRK Nov 11 '16
Quote from dave
Why are you wanting to replace them with another language?

Thanks. I have no time to translate all strings (ca. 700) :-( I have to guess what to write, because keys are often unclear. It would be easier to translate them if I have these strings in english (only where strings are empty). 

MRK
MRK Nov 11 '16
Quote from Steve dave I think what he is asking is lets say you got the spanish language pack which does have some empty language strings in it is you can fix them with another spanish pack.

The second reason :)
dave Leader
dave Nov 11 '16
If you clean the empty strings you wont have to worry about them :)
MRK
MRK Nov 11 '16
But… What will happens then? – Will oxwall load autmatically english values?
dave Leader
dave Nov 11 '16
No, cleaning the empty language keys just removes them.  In the language there are old keys left over from old Oxwall plugins and testing data that is no longer used so to clean that up use that plugin i suggested.

As far as the actualy language options which languages do you have?  

You may need to visit the international section of the forum and find someone who has translated already and see if you can have a copy of their language file.  Some people do offer to translate it for you for a small fee. 

Or you can check the plugin support area of each plugin to see if anyone has contributed the lang file for that plugin.
The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 11 '16
MRK
MRK Nov 11 '16
Dave, people are lazy :) and the oxwall is unpopular in my country, I found  only one, uncompleted translation. So I translated it independently but, as I wrote, it is hard to guess values from keys. 

The only one quick solution is filling empty strings with values from other language.  

dave Leader
dave Nov 11 '16
It could be, but there are alot of volunteers that visit the forum and they live all over the world and many of them are helpfull.  I would suggest letting us know what language you need and see if someone can provide that for you, you may get no reply but then again you might solve your issue as well.  Its worth a try...

What language do you need ?