We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add Second Forum | Forum

Nah
Nah Nov 9 '16
Hey guys,

I might be overlooking this but i was wondering if there was anyway to add two forum areas to a website. Currently I have the forum plugin enabled and it gives you a link to the Forum section as usual but lets say i wanted two independent forums and then we change the name of one or both which could leads users to two different areas of the site.

For example a "Forum" strictly dedicated to discussion about Cars, and then another "Forum" strictly dedicated to discussion about Politics. I understand I could just add two Categories under one Forum link and users can just navigate to one section or the other from there but is there anyway to split them up directly through the navigation bar?

Thanks in advance !

ross Team
ross Nov 9 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Oxwall Tips
Oxwall Tips Nov 9 '16
Create two categories and then simply create new menu item in Admin Panel >> manager pages as an external page. When asked to enter a link where menu will lead, paste the URL of desired forum category.
Shaun
Shaun Nov 10 '16
Thats brilliant Oxwall Tips. so simple and yet not something I would have ever thought of.

Thanks.

Nah
Nah Nov 14 '16
Excellent, thank you very much. Such a elegant work around !