We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Some problems - Yoom - Chatroom | Forum

David
David Nov 9 '16
Hello,
I've just DL and install your chat.
I tested with another account and here are some problems.

1. A member who left the room is always shown in "Online users"
2. When I click on the category name, the room appears 2x.

Thanks for your job
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 9 '16
Hello David,

Thanks for you reaching out to me and informing me of the problems you encountered with Yoom. 

However, the first one is not really a problem. Users are only removed from the online list after 15 minutes of inactivity in the room. The operation is done by both cron and Ajax request (depending on which came first).

2. I am noticing the duplicate rooms in category pages for the first time. This is not a big problem, however. Expect a fix in the next update which is coming shortly.

Kindly regards,

Ebenezer

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 9 '16
So David, the plugin was quickly updated to fix the bug you mentioned about duplicate chatroom in category pages.

Thanks

David
David Nov 10 '16

No problem ;-)

I look forward moderation functions do so at your ease.

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 11 '16

Quote from David

No problem ;-)

I look forward moderation functions do so at your ease.

Sure. Coming soon is an option to kick out/ban users by the chatroom admin. Website admin will also be able to ban certain words from the chatroom. Feel free to suggest more features :)
David
David Nov 11 '16

Quote from Ebenezer Obasi Feel free to suggest more features :)

Okay ;)
I think you're a super dev so you can do that : ;-)

- a link to go back list of all chatrooms (maybe a "<" before the top chatroom name)
- Different username color for Admin (red) and Moderators (green)
- System (with a click) to insert a member's nickname to get his attention (put the message in bold on his side) (maybe also with a sound)

P.S. : some language keys are missing.
b.e :
yoom+user_yoom_page_title

yoom+widget_user_yoom_view_all

The Forum post is edited by David Nov 11 '16
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 11 '16

Quote from David- a link to go back list of all chatrooms (maybe a "<" before the top chatroom name)
- System (with a click) to insert a member's nickname to get his attention (put the message in bold on his side) (maybe also with a sound)

Makes perfect sense.

Quote from David- Different username color for Admin (red) and Moderators (green)

My concern about this is that, I want to keep the UI as elegant as possible. Instead of having too many multi-colors, we could just have a 'mod' label appended to the moderator's chats.

Color for admin is a no no. Not every site owner wants to announce website admins on every chatroom. When I say moderator, I'm referring to the chatroom creator.

Quote from DavidP.S. : some language keys are missing.
b.e :
yoom+user_yoom_page_title

yoom+widget_user_yoom_view_all

Fixed. Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Nov 12 '16
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 12 '16
By November ending, some of this changes will be implemented. 
David
David Nov 14 '16
Thanks ;-) agree with you about colors in the chat.
Good luck
You do not have permission to reply this topic