We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to unactive a plugin from database? | Forum

jeo
jeo Jul 29 '12
Hello i need help and info on how to unactive a plugin from my database because i have a plugin that is corsing my site to error and it will not let me unstall it from admin penal. So how do i remove this plugin from database and please tell me in easy steps so i can follow and fix it rite? thanks who ever can please help out :)
Joseph
Joseph Jul 29 '12
first off I will need to know which plugin because some plugins uninstall based on cron
jeo
jeo Jul 30 '12
iv added a video uploading plugin from the forms and now its messed up my site any help? thanks
jeo
jeo Jul 30 '12
its called video2 check my site @www.chavspace.com and see the error
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I could not uninstall/deactive that plugin too in my test site sometime back when the developer asked me for some help.

I have to take away the entire site and re-install it again.
jeo
jeo Jul 30 '12
i cart do that its my main site i loose my members again :(
jeo
jeo Jul 30 '12
any help yet joseph?
Joseph
Joseph Jul 31 '12
I will have to have a link to this plugin in order to fix this
jeo
jeo Jul 31 '12
ok i try find it now for you :)
jeo
jeo Jul 31 '12
i think this is the rite link http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/4806, i installed the video2.zip file  please help me mate thanks very much for your support.
jeo
jeo Aug 1 '12
any help yet mate?
jeo
jeo Aug 2 '12
still no help please anyone?
samuel jackson
samuel jackson Aug 2 '12
i can help you, when you want buy.
jeo
jeo Aug 2 '12
mate im sort on cash is they away i can help you in return or not like give you useful links to add a feedback, survay or chat room widgets?
Joseph
Joseph Aug 2 '12
I am beginning this debug today sorry for the slow start I had some issues to attend to recently 
Joseph
Joseph Aug 2 '12
quick fix steps

1.access phpmyadmin

2.locate video2 tables near the bottom of the list and delete them

3.edit ow_base_plugin and remove the listing for video2

4.edit ow_base_menu_item and remove the listing for video2

5.edit ow_base_component (all tables) locate anything labeled with the name video2 and delete

6.edit ow_base_config delete all video2 tables

7.finally go to your site and access /admin/user-profile and remove the video widget then put it back in and everything should work fine however I cannot speak for users that have moved their own video widget those profiles may not be fixable (this is only a theory) I make sure widgets like videos and such are frozen and not able to be edited

8.optional step if after performing the above steps if problems persist you can uninstall your video plugin to force step 7 for every profile and index page you will need to go to the phpmyadmin and select the 3 video plugin tables from your databases main list and then export them then go and uninstall the plugin after re installing the plugin you can go back and select the 3 tables again this time select drop and then import your old video files this will restore your videos there are other options to keep more data but too much to list

The Forum post is edited by Joseph Aug 2 '12
jeo
jeo Aug 3 '12
top man :) +5 for your help i will now save this for next time.
jeo
jeo Aug 3 '12
works fine now mate will this work for any plugin then?
jeo
jeo Aug 3 '12
just one more small problem, i still get error 500 on the index page because of that plugin! I now deleted the plugin and everythink works fine but still cart get on the index page how will i removed the widget on there? thanks very much mate
Joseph
Joseph Aug 3 '12
that seems like you will have to perform the optional step which is copy your video sql files and then reinstall the video plugin then replace the sql files with the backup unless you do not mind losing current videos in which case just reinstall the video plugin and don't worry about restoring the sql files
Pages: 1 2 »