We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The license key is Empty or Invalid | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Nov 23 '16
Hi all. I've been away from Oxwall for over a year and just installed 1.8.4.1 on my home server. When I tried to change a theme from Simplicity to one supplied with the download, the message The license key is Empty or Invalid.  appeared and the theme didn't change An extensive search of this forum came up with nothing, but a simple Google search lead me to this thread:

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/44242

This is anew install, not an update. Dev Mode is OFF by default. Why would I want to download the theme from the store when it's already included in the Install package?

I did try downloading other themes with the same result. These frustrations have a huge impact on new users who will easily turn away and look for something that works out of the box.

Can anyone help please.

Attachments:
  Clipboard01.jpg (41Kb)
dave Leader
dave Nov 23 '16
have you tried to click on the circle icon in the top left corner of admin to sync your install with the oxwall server?

If you have been away from oxwall for awhile you need to recheck the requirements on the right side of this page http://www.oxwall.org/hosting  because some things have changed.

John
John Nov 23 '16
I'm using a WAMP server (Uniserver) which i've used for several years to test Oxwall. It doesn't have access to the real world so syncing is out of the question. I also don't plan to use any of the Internet servers in your link. I have my own server with digitalocean but I wish to do a lot of work with WAMP because I don't have much data bandwidth.

If I can't run Oxwall with WAMP, I'll sadly be forced to use another script.

dave Leader
dave Nov 23 '16
Sorry i was not suggesting using any of those hosts, it just happens to be thats where the requirement list is located.. 

I am not sure but i believe that syncing may be required.  Ross will know more about that. Lets see what he has to say. 

John
John Nov 23 '16
Thanks Dave, It works perfectly on my digitalocean server so you're probably right.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 23 '16
Just a note, since you've been away for a while, as of version 1.8.2 php 5.5 is required. Not sure if that may be part of the issue, or not. Just letting you know.
John
John Nov 24 '16
Guys I got it to work, but I can't be specific. When I upgraded to PHP 5.5 on my WAMP sever, a host of PHP Modules were switched off. I switched several back on and all is now good. Things like: curl, fileinfo, openssl, xsl and maybe others. Thanks.
dave Leader
dave Nov 24 '16
Great John, thanks for letting us know and so glad you got it fixed.. :)