We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

"The File Extension Is Not Allowed" when attach e.g. pdf in a group | Forum

Neo
Neo Nov 30 '16
when some user tries to attach a File in a group or anywhere in the Livestream, there is a message "The File Extension Is Not Allowed". The file extension is actually allowed:
txt
doc
docx
sql
csv
xls
ppt
pdf
jpg
jpeg

If the user attach an Image, that works...
How can I fix the Problem?

For all the Folders on the server there are full rights...
ross Team
ross Nov 30 '16
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
Its just the PDF thats all?
The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 30 '16
Neo
Neo Nov 30 '16
Nope, not only PDF...

All files are "not allowed" except Images....

E.G. PDF, docx, txt ... doesnt work...

jpeg, jpg, png - works!
Gerry
Gerry Nov 30 '16
Neo, just a thought, but have you put the dots before the file names?

.txt
.doc
.docx
.sql
.csv
.xls
.ppt
.pdf
.jpg
.jpeg

Try it. Might work.
dave Leader
dave Nov 30 '16
Those settings are for blog and forum attachements only.  You can only upload images. 

In order to upload pdf doc txt you will need my plugin.. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1277

Neo
Neo Dec 1 '16
Very cool -> nice way to earn Money :)

Thanks for the Help!
dave Leader
dave Dec 1 '16
Certainly not alot, i dont make a living on selling plugins trust me on that one. Sales are not great in this type of business unless your writing big expensive plugins for prestashop for hundreds of buck a pop.  

And your welcome :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 1 '16
Neo
Neo Dec 1 '16
the plugin is not translated in german...
how can an user attach the uploaded content into a group? (copy paste of the URL-adress?)

Neo
Neo Dec 1 '16
not only that the plug in is not translated in german, if i use it with german language, it dont work properly. After the user uploads a doc, there is an internal error 500...
dave Leader
dave Dec 1 '16
I only do english, for german you will need to find someone to translate it for you or translate it yourself.  I have a section in the plugin support for people to donate their translations but they are not required to donate, and i dont have german, sorry. 

For now youll have to just post the link for the document in the group newsfeed.  I am looking into the best way to add group support and should have an update in a week or so. 

dave Leader
dave Dec 1 '16
The 500 error is a server error not a plugin error, you will need to look at your error log to see why.  I just uploaded several files on my test server and they work fine.
dave Leader
dave Dec 1 '16
Also the 500 may be because your server does not natively support pdf.  so for that you will need to add this to the top of your htaccess file 

AddType application/pdf   .pdf

you can also turn on debug mode to see if the error shows.  also look for a error_log file in your root or look in the ow_log folder

Neo
Neo Dec 2 '16
thank you a lot!

I changed the Permissions, i translate all, and i make it work.

Please tell me, when you have an update vor the Groups! that the users can click on the paperclip symbol and add an attachemnt!

thanx!!!
dave Leader
dave Dec 2 '16
Your welcome, no it will not be like that, you will still need to use the plugin, but i hope to create a new widget in the group section to show that attachment. 
Neo
Neo Dec 2 '16
I think that is also OK
My Question is - why do i need the Description on the Upload? It will be nice, that the description of the file has also hyperlink just like the symbol... if there is a widget in the group, where the files are listed, and if i click on a file, this will be insert into my comment- that will be nice...