We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

All icons in the chat box is missing | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi
Please help me! Why all the icons in the chat box disappear all on my website?

On my website:

in oxwall.com Demo

Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi
Anyone please?
dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
Ross will have to help you on this.   I thought maybe it might be permissions but there is nothing at all not even a ghost error icon.  I never seen that before. 
Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi
Actually, only the icon image is missing. The icons are still functioning.
I have tried to uninstall and delete messages plugin and install it again, but nothing changed.
dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
yes very strange, usually if its a permission issue you will see a ghost icon there but theres nothing.  

How about any new plugins, have you recently installed any?  When did this start happening?

Also have you checked the console to see if any errors show?  

Do you have debug or dev mode on?

I dont know of a setting in admin for this, ill have to look, there might be.

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 5 '16
dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
yeah those are all default oxwall icons... 
dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
just out of curiosity do you have the plugin config set for mails, chats, or both?
ross Team
ross Dec 5 '16
those icons are blocked by mode security. it should be disabled according to our server requirements: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

contact your hosting provider to disable it. 

dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
ahhhh thanks ross i didnt know that... good info, now i do.. :)
Lawntor
Lawntor Dec 19 '16
Hi All, would it be possible for us to trace the issue on these missing icon? why it was blocked by mod_security?
Aliya Team
Aliya Dec 22 '16
Lawntor, each hosting company has their own security rules. You need to contact your host to get  more information on why icons were blocked on your server
Qhaaf Bedding
Qhaaf Bedding Aug 16 '23
Elevate your sleep sanctuary with Qhaaf Bedding's luxury bed sheet offerings. Embrace the art of relaxation and sophistication.