We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Spamming.... - Oxwall Reminder | Forum

David
David Dec 5 '16
This plugin is spamming my members with "We Miss You" emails.  My neighbor got well over 100 of these in one day!  I saw it with my own eyes in her email inbox.  There have been numerous complaints from others.  NOT happy. 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please disable the plugin for now. I am coming up with a new core design for the mailers.
David
David Dec 5 '16
Done. 
TonyKa
TonyKa Dec 6 '16
EVEN IF I DISABLE IT ITS STILL SPAMMING EVERYONE. I HAVE SERIOUYS PROBLEMS PURU AND I ABSOLUTELLY GET NO HELP!!

ITS S E R I US  I WILL PAY PENALTIES BEVCAUSE I TRUSTED YOUR PLUGINGS!

PLEASE AT LEAST HELP ME GET RID OF IT I BEG YOU 1 WEEK

CAN YOU PLEASE DO SOMETHING?? I HAVE SERIOUS SERIOUS PROBLEMS

IS IT CLEAR?

CAN YOU TELL ME AFTER UNINSTALLING THE PLUGIN , WHICH DB I HAVE TO CLEAR IN SKADATE TO STOP THESE SPAMS???

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

David
David Dec 6 '16
TonyKa - I have the same problems here, too! It's disabled and STILL somehow sending out  THOUSANDS of emails to members.  Not HUNDREDS....  THOUSANDS!!!  My hosting service is PISSED at me.  My neighbor got over a hundred in just ONE DAY!  VERY VERY PISSED OFF!!
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please share the site url and cpanel details via email to purushoth.r@gmail.com

I will fix the issue in the database.

David
David Dec 7 '16
Not to be rude, but I would rather nobody be poking around in my sql files and changing them.  Is there a reason you can't just tell us how to fix the issue in the database ourselves?  That would help.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I understand your concern. But it would be best to see what makes the rows in DB not cleared. I believe that cron is misbehaving to generate lot of emails in the previous version.

If I can get cpanel, site url and admin access, I can debug and provide a permanent fix.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Finally found the issue. It was a simple error which has made more damage.

I missed out to comment a line before uploading to store.

Sorry for all the trouble. I will upload the new version shortly in store.

David
David Dec 8 '16
Okay, but will that kill all the pending outgoing mail instances that were created by the old version??
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes. It will remove all those emails and it start fresh.

The final fix is now in store. Yesterday's fix was temporary fix for the email issue.

Chris Abram
Chris Abram Dec 16 '16
Im having the same issues, the plugin is spamming 80-100 times a day to everyone. I uninstalled it and reinstalled, update to the newest version and it is still doing this. Purusothaman, I did email you to your email address you posted on here a few days ago but have not heard back from you yet, any help you can give would be great.
David
David Dec 17 '16
Yeah, the new version isn't helping at all.  It's still spamming on my end as well.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Chris Abram Im having the same issues, the plugin is spamming 80-100 times a day to everyone. I uninstalled it and reinstalled, update to the newest version and it is still doing this. Purusothaman, I did email you to your email address you posted on here a few days ago but have not heard back from you yet, any help you can give would be great.
Sorry Sir. I have not received your email. Can you please drop your email addres so that I can send an email..
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from David Yeah, the new version isn't helping at all.  It's still spamming on my end as well.
Are you sure you are using new version? Can you share your site url, admin login, cpanel/ftp details to my email purushoth.r@gmail.com
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 17 '17
Hi Puru,

I updated and re-activated getting the same issue
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please share site url , admin login, and cpanel details via PM for me to debug.

Please create a new issue in the forum.

The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Jan 20 '17
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic