We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

installed but missing language file? | Forum

trav bac
trav bac Dec 7 '16
V 1.8.4 10800

In admin, settings, general, the last option says

admin+sidebar_menu_item_seo_settings

and the entire section is missing the language file.

How can i fix this. Tia.
trav bac
trav bac Dec 7 '16
English default23 missing number of keys
dave Leader
dave Dec 7 '16
Those missing keys are old keys and more than likey were used for testing.  You can try to remove them with my free plugin. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1079

as per the admin settings general issue, try to refresh your cache.  

here are two helpful links about it 

https://wiki.oxwall.com/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/11500

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 7 '16
trav bac
trav bac Dec 7 '16
Either way i am missing language text. See my post. The table names show where the language text should be:-)
dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
OK somehow that key did not get set in your DB i dont know how but you an add it. 

go to admin - >  settings -> language

then you will need to edit the url in your browser to go to the special dev tools section of the language.  

the current url shows 

example.com/admin/settings/languages

you will need to edit that url to look like this 

example.com/admin/settings/dev-tools/languages

your just adding dev-tools to the url

then once your in there

your going to click on the ADD NEW TEXT link

then for the SECTION select  admin  from the dropdown

for the key put  sidebar_menu_item_seo_settings

for the content  text just put  SEO 

then click ADD  

and your done, it should show SEO on your admin seo page now. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 8 '16
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Dec 8 '16
Hi Dave,

I just used your language cleaner plugin and now my site http://www.myvirgo.info looks like this and it was okay before :( How do i fix this urgently or restore the original 1.8.4 language pack ?

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Dec 8 '16
dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
did you clear your cache..  it only cleans whats empty thats all.  I will install it on my new site and run it. 
Webster Molaudi
Yes, i did
Quote from dave did you clear your cache..  it only cleans whats empty thats all.  I will install it on my new site and run it. 

dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16

Ok i ran it.. 

no errors on install. 

lang values found 5

ran it

lang values  no records found

went from that page directly back to the main menu, everything shows fine 

dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
long into your site from a different browser please. 

and sorry trav bac to have both issues on your topic... 

Webster Molaudi
Still i tried chrome / firefox / IE and still no luck and 2 Laptops....Where can i get the 1.8.4 original Language Pack and re-installed ?
dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
webster here is what i show when i pullup your site. 

so everything looks fine except the questions deal is, what is that? 

also webster please when stuff like this happens, start a new topic because its kinda rude to hijack someone elses topic.  Im sure you would not like it, you know buddy?  Its just good manners ;)

dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
you can get that from the oxwall download

my paid version allows you to save everything before you clean it so you can restore it.  I dont know if there is a conflict with that plugin or not, but if there is one and we can find it ill fix it.  But i dont have the credits plugin sorry.  But the only way that would happen is if the lang key for the credits and that other plugin were empty because thats all it checks for. 

Webster Molaudi
Hi Dave,

So i re-install "Download Oxwall update pack 1.8.4" ?
It will fix everything ?
dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
I dont know webster i have never had anything like this happen before with my plugins, i have never had to redo the language pack.  

I think you just find the language pack and re upload it... i dont know bud... 

if its just those couple of items with those two plugins, then  just replace those two keys manually via the instructions i put before. 

just by chance are you using cloudflare

dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
actually i think in your case the keys are still there its the value.  So do a listing in your language section under that plugin name, find that key and put the value in there. 
dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
actually if thats the membership plugin then just go to the download of the membership plugin you have, and upload that langs zip file to the membership plugin and over write the old one and then it should work.

but i promise you its not my plugin,  259 people have used my free plugin and there has not been any issue like this, actually no issues at all.  So something is not right with those other plugins the way they do their language keys im guessing. 

Webster Molaudi
Ok thanks
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 3 '17
@trav bac
I read on a post, at one time, that if you go to admin / settings / languages, and click on "Save" at the bottom of the page, it will re-compile the language keys. It's worth a try.

If this occurred after an update, or install, it may not have competed for some reason.