We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changing colour of pink icons to dark yellow - pinterest theme | Forum

Jack Miller
Jack Miller Dec 9 '16
Hi, need a hand as to where all I need to change the colour code for the pink icons.

I'm not sure so I figured "Better to ask than to bugger it up"

Can you please give us a hand,

Thanks.

Jake
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Dec 9 '16
you can replace the  icons by uploading the new icons to images folder with same name and same format . better you compress all the icons in a zip file then extract it to that particular directory , after that you must clear your website cache by enabling dev mod " https://wiki.oxwall.com/plugin-tuts:enable-debug " then clear your browser image cache from browser settings .

Regards

SPRINTALLY SOLUTIONS  

Jack Miller
Jack Miller Dec 9 '16
Just checked.
All the icons are grey, so i am presuming that it is defined in the coding/script.

Attached is a screen shot of what I am referring to, I wish to change the colour of the icons from pink to a dark yellow colour.

Presuming that I need to change the HTML code of the colour somewhere.
Attachments:
  sample of pink colour.png (25Kb)
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Dec 9 '16
hello , these are png images so with command you can;t change the icon color . you just need to collect some gray icons from other themes eg:- darklet theme or any other which have gray icons and replace the icons under images folder under main theme . no need to edit any other codes . 

Jack Miller
Jack Miller Dec 9 '16
I don't want to change the images, just the colour on the screen from pink to yellow.
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Dec 9 '16
how do you change the color of a png image ?
The Forum post is edited by Sprintally® Dec 9 '16
Jack Miller
Jack Miller Dec 9 '16
On the screen in the template the picture shows up pink.

I would like it to show up dark yellow, or any other colour just not pink.

The png is fine as far as logos/icons go.

Just the colour in the theme needs to be adjusted somewhere as it is not an option in the user friendly customization menu.
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Dec 9 '16
you can change the color of many pinks from admin area . also menu icons can be change from admin area .. but those pink png icons controls are not added . 
Jack Miller
Jack Miller Dec 9 '16
Yes I see that.

So what do I need to change and where in the files?

Sprintally®
Sprintally® Dec 9 '16
do you have icons ready ?  to changes colors from admin area just click on the color rectangle box and choose the desired color for each section and images and save at last .
Jack Miller
Jack Miller Dec 9 '16
No change at all ref. the attached screenshot.

All the pink is still there and I can't find where to change it in the files.
Have been looking through the folder files of the template all day.
Attachments:
  sample of pink on site page.png (790Kb)
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Dec 9 '16
did you replaced the icons under  theme / images directory ??
Jack Miller
Jack Miller Dec 14 '16
OK.

Did what you said.

& found that the chat count box etc had to be changed in the base css

Thanks for your help.

Hope that my little bit of add on info ref. the chat box count bg can be of use to someone else out there.

Have a good one!
You do not have permission to reply this topic