We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

i am not satisfied by my website hits :( | Forum

Onur
Onur Dec 9 '16
i tried everything different seo strategy. i don't have a good hits. i am not satiffied by my website hits :(

i dont know what is it wrong. i will be crazy.  what is it wrong with my website. is there any adive for me :( offf

dave Leader
dave Dec 9 '16
Hi, sorry you are not happy with hits.  But maybe i can help you be less stressed and give you some helpful tips. 

First understand that acheiving a sucessfull dating site takes time, even years.  The days of "build it and they will come" are over, and FB hurts all of us. 

With that said there is no magic bullet to success and traffic other than one simple formula that has stood the test of time.  Content = Traffic = Member Growth.

You have to keep asking yourself:

1. What makes my site special?

2. What is my mission statement and my overall goal here, money or members or both?

3. What do i offer that makes me unique?   Free has been done to death.. 

4. What is my message to someone visiting my site?

Remember its not like the old days when success was so much easier.  You have alot of competition for the same customers time and money.  

Also realize that you may not be marketing as you should be.  Its one thing to have a site on the web, but you can have the greatest site possible and if noone sees it then it does not mattter. 

5. How am i marketing my site?

How you market your site is everthing and you cant just limit yourself to SEO and any other online tricks.  In order to be successfull you have to get out and meet the people face to face and market your product.  Get yourself some business cards (vistaprint is excellent for that).  Go to bars, restaurants, clubs, grocery stores, any place that has people and hand out your cards or put them up on the bulletin board.  

People will buy more from someone they know than just someone online they never meet. So introduce yourself and say "hi i have this great new site and i would really appreciate it if you would check it out in your spare time"  and hand them a card. 

You may get tons of no's but you will also get some members out of it, and thats how you start the ball rolling.  Some of the major online sites have worked for years building their local market, out of the spotlight of tv and social media.  They just did it the old fashioned way, meeting people in casual environments and building their brand.  

Then after years and years of getting their own market wrapped up then and only then did they spread out and widen their reach.  

I looked at your site, you have an international site and that could actually hurt you if you dont have the experience and talent to market it properly.  Dating sites should focus on local content IMO.. For example get john at the gas station to date becky at the grocery store.  

You have to realize that noone from the one country is going to date someone from another country online unless you can market that product to people that can afford it and take trips to visit each other and that kind of thing..  For the average person they cant afford that kind of luxury and so your overstepping a huge market potential unless you can market your niche to financially secure people that travel and want to date around the world.  

Not that it cant be done, but your competing with big name players for your market and if you dont have the financial backing its going to be very hard to compete in that market.   Im not trying to discourage you, i hope you prove me wrong, but i have been involved with the social arena since 2007 and i have alot of experience in this field. 

You might consider narrowing your market to more of a local focus.  Just a thought. 

I hope that helps... :) 

Dave 

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 21 '20
dave Leader
dave Dec 9 '16
If you can afford to sponsor or help sponsor a local sports event where you know moms and dads or singles will be playing or watching, thats a great way to get your name out there.  Make sure you get a banner created so you can hang it up and then ask them to mention your name to the crowd as a sponsor.  

You can even take a laptop with you and if anyone wants to register on the spot let them use your laptop.

This all may sound like a daunting task to you but remember this wonderful rule: 

How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time :) 

Also if you notice i didnt say anything about looks, template, theme or anything like that.  Many people would and do preach about that, and yes it can help.  But too many people focus on eye candy to get users rather than content and content is more important.   I always use craigslist as a perfect example, it looks horrible, no theme to speak of, its not fancy, no eye candy at all.  But its hugely successful because they give people the content they want.  You dont have to have the best looking site and all the flash to be successfull, you just have to give people what they want. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jul 29 '18
Onur
Onur Dec 10 '16
i have over 15.000 members. but i dint arrive sucess what i want. thanks for advise. i am thinking... what can i do...
dave Leader
dave Dec 10 '16
but are they active members?

are they posting?

are they uploading images?

are they creating content?

are they logging on regularly?

Its one thing to have a bunch of members, but non active members does nothing but take up space on the db. 

What is it that you expect to consider yourself successfull?   What is success to you?

JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 13 '17
Content, as Dave mentioned, drives the success of an application/service. I use those terms because "website" isn't really the ideal market to go for these days. Back before 2013, websites still had fruition on being a driving source of success for your product, but it's not the case anymore. Mobile technology is what everyone wants in a non-niche social networking or dating website.

Get the mobile tech, user retention will go up and more content is made thereby creating more activity and hits.