We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Iframe in forum post. | Forum

Павел
Павел Dec 13 '16
Hi!

There is some problem. When I try to publish a presentation from SlideShare using "Insert HTML" button, I see the presentation in text field. But when I publish it, it does not appear. It works well in blog post.

Google maps iframe works well in forum.

dave Leader
dave Dec 13 '16
Are you referring to slideshow?
Павел
Павел Dec 14 '16

Quote from dave Are you referring to slideshow?
No. SlideShare. This one:

<iframe src="//www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/37CeDGKPuihvEM" width="595" height="485" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC; border-width:1px; margin-bottom:5px; max-width: 100%;" allowfullscreen> </iframe> 

dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
OK thanks, where are you trying to do this, forum?  That way i can test it. 

Check admin settings to see if you have custom html disabled.

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 14 '16
Павел
Павел Dec 14 '16
It is. "Insert HTML"-button is active 
dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16

try this 

<iframe src="//www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/key/37CeDGKPuihvEM?wmode=opaque" width="595" height="485" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC; border-width:1px; margin-bottom:5px; max-width: 100%;" allowfullscreen> </iframe> 

dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
oh you need to add slideshare to your allowed content in admin settings -> content settings  allowed resources
dave Leader
dave Dec 14 '16
i got it to work.   But your going to have to put some text in the box first, anything at all or it will not accept it because it thinks its empty.   So put something even a dot or two .....   somewhere in the text first, then do the html then it will work. 

i added this in my attempt but you dont need it   ?wmode=opaque

that code works for youtube on webpages so i thought i would try it here. But you dont need it, it works fine just the way you had it originally.  

Павел
Павел Dec 14 '16

Quote from dave oh you need to add slideshare to your allowed content in admin settings -> content settings  allowed resources
That helped! Thank you!