We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No Push Notifications for some events? - OF Counter | Forum

Saqib Karim
Saqib Karim Dec 23 '16
Hello:

I have setup Push Notifications for Chrome on Android. Push notifications go out well for messages and many notifications. However, there are some issues I have seen;

* No push notification when a Friend request is received. However, when Friend request is accepted, the sender gets notification

* No push notification for invitation to an event or a group

* Also no notification when invitation to event accepted (maybe this is not a feature in the software)

Please let me know if these issues are due to configuration, bugs, or as designed. I really would like the Friend request notification, which you mention should work. Also, I would like a notification for request to an event or join a group.

Sean
Sean Dec 24 '16
Hello,

This is all by design at the moment, in the new year an update will be made available that will add some these events in and allow greater flexibility for 3rd party plugins to hook in with this as well.

Many thanks,

Saqib Karim
Saqib Karim Dec 24 '16
Thanks for the info. Will look forward to the update.
Saqib Karim
Saqib Karim Dec 24 '16
Sorry, one more question. Do the push notifications settings have any relationship to a user's mail notification settings? It would be nice if users could change their push notifications settings through this interface as well.
Sean
Sean Dec 28 '16
Hello, 

In the update if users turn off notifications for a type of action they will no longer get a push notification for it either, so it will tie in directly with the 'notifications plugin' settings.

I'll consider adding in options for mail as well. 

This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic