We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

photo album issue | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Aug 10 '12
when I go to upload photos I pull up my albums and it lists the album number next to it so I have to delete that number or else it creates a new album with the name of the album and number 

example: album labeled "test" shows up as test 5110 I upload and choose the album and now I have a new album called "test 5110"

Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 14 '12
Joseph, I could not reproduce the issue on the Demo website. Can you send a screenshot and specify what browser you use? And can you reproduce the issue on the Demo website?
Joseph
Joseph Aug 14 '12
it seems you are right this is just happening on my site must be a database issue I ran a few tests and my backup site works fine so there must be a table that controls this function is there any help for this?
Joseph
Joseph Aug 15 '12
ok so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin after backing up all files for photos and still get the issue and here is a screen shot 

notice it says test 1 for available albums yet there is no number 1 in the name of the album I have to delete that 1 character to upload to the correct album (please note the number 1 represents the number of the album this was the first album uploaded so everytime I upload it shows a number 1)

now if I continue without deleting the "1" here is an example of what will happen

now I have 2 albums where I should only have 1 album total

Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 18 '12
Okay, Joe, can you PM your access details (FTP, phpMyAdmin, Admin Panel) so that our techs could check into the issue?
Joseph
Joseph Aug 18 '12
sent details and also let me go to say I have reuploaded a fresh install of oxwall,tested using my backup database,and also reinstalled the photo plugin and this problem still persists however on my test site located on the same server the problem does not occur its very strange and I cannot think of anything else to try I can connect the database to my backup and not have the problem and I can move my backup sites files to the root and the problem still happens
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 4 '12
Joe, so this problem occurs with one website only? Two installations of Oxwall 1.4 on the same server and issue exists on one installation only? Am I getting this right?