We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support questions - Newsfeed | Forum

Avinash Joshi
Avinash Joshi Jan 14 '11
Finally!
Avinash Joshi
Avinash Joshi Jan 14 '11
This plugin screwed my website completely. Please do not install.
Avinash Joshi
Avinash Joshi Jan 14 '11
To fix, delete the newsfeed folder from 'ow_plugins' and just add the following inside any other plugin's "deactivate.php" page and *deactivate* that plugin! You are done....

For e.g., add the following at the end of 'ow_plugins/statusupdate/deactivate.php' and click on deactivate

BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->deleteWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_MyFeedWidget');
BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->deleteWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_EntityFeedWidget');
BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->deleteWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_SiteFeedWidget');
BOL_ComponentAdminService::getInstance()->deleteWidget('NEWSFEED_CMP_UserFeedWidget');

Admin: Please delete this comment once fixed!
Rahul Tavanyam
Rahul Tavanyam Jan 14 '11
God Knows !! what this is meant for ? It shows installation errors. please do complete check before you people release any stuff. Huh !!

Don't install , it will show errors !
Avinash Joshi
Avinash Joshi Jan 14 '11
BTW, how is it working on the demo page?
Natha Sri Jayasekara
i updated the core files. now its working fine. great job
well done!
Emil Team
Emil Jan 15 '11
Please read the release post carefully. You need to upgrade the core first, only then install new (or update old) plugins. Thanks.
Thomas
Thomas Jan 16 '11
i updated to, and working perfectly!
Aybat Duyshokov
Aybat Duyshokov Jan 25 '11
Good work, Serega ))
Phillip Hagerman
Phillip Hagerman Apr 7 '11
Should this version of the newsfeed be the one that allows direct comments on the profile page?
Fejös
Fejös Aug 19 '11
how can i create two newsfeed? i want one for a contest and i need the like button! 
Scousewap
Scousewap Aug 23 '11
my like and comments on news feed aint workin, i aint able to send private messages of gifts plus i cant delete nwt can someone help plz
sai
sai Nov 17 '11
after downloading...how can i use it????.......plzzzz anywone tell me
Steven Myers
Steven Myers Nov 24 '11
How about a real time update like facebook where the new posts are published automatically. This would be sweet! also having the time of when it was posted say "43 minutes ago" to update in real time just like facebook.
Jackson Hamiter
Jackson Hamiter Dec 20 '11
it works wonderfully for me - thank you - not one problem so far
Den Team
Den Dec 22 '11
Steven:
Agreed, a realtime status update feature is a more user friendly option and contribute for activity increasing.

sai:
After you have installed this plugin, newsfeed widgets will be displayed on site index, user dashboard and profile view pages. Your users will be allowed to post, share and comment different types of content within within a site. Like on Facebook.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 9 '12
The Newsfeed plugin does not work with new platform update 1.3 - Please fix guys :)
Den Team
Den Feb 10 '12
Install it manually by uploading unpacked plugin's folder into ow_plugins/ directory,
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Feb 11 '12
Tried manually uploading again..no luck...when uploaded first it appears on the index page put when you go to post a message the writing dissapears and doesn't add to the feed, then the whole site leads to a 500 internal server error - This only happens after update to 1.3
Den Team
Den Feb 12 '12
@Richard

Did you update newsfeed plugin after platform?
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic