We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Some ideas - Photo Upload Automation Bot | Forum

Mike Millaire
Mike Millaire Feb 6 '17
Hey Senior Developer,

Though I have no need for it not having any fake users on my sites, I must say this is very nice-looking plugin and with great potential if you want to build upon it.

I have a few suggestions based on the coding paradigms you employed that you could easily use either to make this plugin much more attractive or to expand your plugin portfolio. Would bring them to the store myself but I have many other more urgent projects now XD

Seeing that you are able to do schedule user photos in advance, you may want to look into creating a fully-fledged post scheduling plugin for Oxwall, allowing scheduling not just photos but all kinds of newsfeed status updates like e.g. Buffer does for Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter etc. This should be possible not only from the admin interface, but for any user (subject to role authorization, so that people can make it a premium or moderator-only feature if desired).

On the other end, you could also make it possible to create backdated posts, Oxwall users might like to mark past life events or company milestones if corporate (you can see this feature in action e.g. on Facebook), perhaps as a separate plugin.

Both of these ideas would be more popular with buyers than an admin-only scheduling tool, I think.

Cheers and happy coding :)

You do not have permission to reply this topic