We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support questions - Virtual Gifts | Forum

Paul
Paul Apr 6 '11
Just tried it but it doesn't seem to work chaps — unless it's me being stupid! On a members profile page the item appears something like "send+virtual+gift" and when you click on it one gets the message "You cannot view this page due to limited permissions".

Is it me doing something wrong?
Den Team
Den Apr 6 '11
Did you update core platform to 1.1. before installing Virtual gifts?
Paul
Paul Apr 6 '11
@Addenster — no, I've just realised that it's necessary to do that! See, it's me being stupid :-)
Den Team
Den Apr 6 '11
Try to update core and install gifts :) If you will have problems, report it on forum.
Paul
Paul Apr 6 '11
I'll leave it until the autoupdate tomorrow — I suffer from chronic migraines so my brain isn't fully functional at the moment and if I try doing it manually then I'll probably make a mess of it and destroy my site or something!
Paul
Paul Apr 6 '11
I have actually now had the core updated and this plug-in isn't working for me still. This is what appears on the button on the profile page:

virtualgifts+profile_toolbar_item_send_gift

and when one clicks it, the following message pops up:

You can't view this page due to limited permissions

I also note that I can't uninstall the plug-in either which is weird!
Emil Team
Emil Apr 7 '11
So eventually you messed it up :)

Looks like plugin installation didn't go well. What happens when you try to uninstall it?
Paul
Paul Apr 7 '11
@Emil - I have just posted a reply to Addenster on another problem that I have so hopefully he'll be able to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

But for your info, when I try to uninstall it I get a message saying it's uninstalling but it doesn't
Emil Team
Emil Apr 7 '11
Got it - that's because the plugin works with image files. Those need to be removed by cron. Just wait for the plugin to finish cleanup.
Avinash Joshi
Avinash Joshi Apr 10 '11
Awesome Plugin. Thanks a bunch... :)
Emil Team
Emil Apr 14 '11
Meet plugin update - it implements Masih's suggestion: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/935
ma3ih Club
ma3ih Apr 14 '11
thank you man :) You all are Fabulous
MixFm
MixFm Apr 16 '11
Serch here for images gifts ,i tink its a cool pack enjoy it from Spain download http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/985
darrel Edmonds
darrel Edmonds Aug 30 '11
Can anyone help me on how to add the virtual gifts plugin to my dating website. I downloaded it then different files popped up in my computer.
lovingpal
lovingpal Sep 20 '11
hello how can i used this template 4 my website
Patrick
Patrick Sep 22 '11
there´s anyone who speaks german here??
Alvin
Alvin Sep 24 '11
Where is this implemented ? There is no menu for it.. where do my users go to send them?
Mark
Mark Oct 3 '11
when i click give gift the screen just greys out and does nothing?
Jad Mat
Jad Mat Feb 7 '12
It is not working with the latest version. When you send a gift -it will give a "gift sent" feedback - but the recipient doesn't receive the gift at all. I hope this will be fixed.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 8 '12
@Jad Mat

Would you create a separate topic with this issue?
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic