We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Works great in Blogs!- need info how to enter og:image - CKEditor | Forum

Kevin
Kevin Feb 24 '17
I just purchased and installed CKEditor. So far it is great! For Blogs, I can enable front-end, enter the Blog, and then disable.

One of the main reasons I wanted this plugin was to be able to edit the html in the blogs to include the og:image property for sharing to Facebook.  However what I am trying to do is not working. My guess is the developer can provide the way to do it.

Here is what I entered before the remainder of the html:

<meta property="og:image" content=https://mysite.com/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/myImageName.jpg /> 

<meta name="og:image" content=https://mysite.com/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/myImageName.jpg />

Also tried adding <head> before and </head> after.

However when I toggle out of Source mode, the additional code above is missing. So when I share it is still using the default og:image specified in my control panel.

(Is there a way to include this info maybe in the image properties page?)

Once it can do this, it is a Five Star Rating for sure!

Thanks,

Kevin 

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Feb 27 '17
please edit static/js/init.js

find line
allowedContent:'h1 h2 h3 h4 h5 h6 table ul ol blockquote div tr p li td strong em i b u span; a[href,target]; img[src,height,width]; *[id,alt,title]{*}(*)',

and replace it with

fullPage: true,but i don't recomend this solution, because then all users can paste all html pages to ckeditor,

you can edit this line this

allowedContent:'meta[property,content]; h1 h2 h3 h4 h5 h6 table ul ol blockquote div tr p li td strong em i b u span; a[href,target]; img[src,height,width]; *[id,alt,title]{*}(*)',
But still you could have problem, because oxwall platform allow use only select html tags, and meta tags are not allowed, so when you press submit button, this tags are removed.
Kevin
Kevin Feb 27 '17
Thanks for the info. Since Oxwal, will strip the Meta tags, no use trying changes in plugin. I will add review later today. CKEDitor is a big help!

However I purchased Advanced Blogs plugin (which works with the basic Blue plugin). This enables adding a cover picture. Now when sharing to Facebook it works!
You do not have permission to reply this topic