We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin looks great - a few questions - Vanilla Forum Integration | Forum

Tecca
Tecca Feb 27 '17

This plugin looks fantastic and I'm familiar with Vanilla, which is an underrated forum software.

I was thinking of adding a separate forum to my Oxwall site with SSO, similar to what you're doing here with Vanilla, but the reason I never went ahead with it is because:

1) New posts/forum topics would not be posted to Oxwall's newsfeed (user dashboard)

2) User mapping. I would assume that if someone is admin/moderator on Oxwall, we have to set these permissions separately via Vanilla. Public profiles would also be separate, as if there are two profile areas for each user.

3) If we are already using Oxwall's forum plugin, posts/topics would not be transferred to Vanilla.

I understand this plugin won't address these things as it's mostly SSO integration. But would you be open to any of these points in the form of more plugins? I'm sure many would be willing to pay for such features alongside this plugin.

I think the most important things would be transferring of content, and also redirecting a user's Vanilla profile to their Oxwall profile (so that people can send friend requests, etc). And we would likely also turn off certain Vanilla features such as private messaging, and redirecting that to Oxwall's system.

There would be more small things like that, but I think you get the point I'm making.

Anyway, thanks for your time! Whether or not you plan to do any of this, thanks for all the plugins you're making.

You do not have permission to reply this topic