We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support questions - Oxwall Backup Genie | Forum

Filip
Filip Jun 13 '12
Really respect your work, already bought 2 of your plugins and saving my money for this one :D
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Filip. :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Jasper. More to come.. but stopped with some plugin development related questions. Not sure whom to contact who can answer me.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Ideas and Suggestions are welcomed. FTP Integration has been completed now.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
FTP Support now available to send your backup to other location.

@Jasper: Plugin development documents available here is very simple.
Maisen
Maisen Jun 25 '12
Thanks for the file, it worked great!
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Maisen for your comment.
Lisa
Lisa Oct 13 '12
I have this plugin installed and it's creating two items every ten minutes.... a zip file and a .sql file - why is it running a backup every 10 mins instead of "daily" as the app settings state?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
In the past did it worked well as expected?

Someother plugin is making this happen. In this week I got 3 users say about this suddenly.

Can you please PM me you cpanel and site login details?
Lisa
Lisa Oct 25 '12
Yikes! I missed your response and forgot to check on this issue and got a server warning from my host - we'd backed up >1TB of data because the backup was running every 10 mins. Yikes. I've disabled the plugin for now. My Cron is set to run every 10 mins right now, but I don't want the DB to backup every 10 mins.
Lisa
Lisa Oct 25 '12
Apparently our host does not allow database backup storage on the server at all. Therefore I can not use this plugin. I'd like to arrange a refund, please.
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Lisa Yikes! I missed your response and forgot to check on this issue and got a server warning from my host - we'd backed up >1TB of data because the backup was running every 10 mins. Yikes. I've disabled the plugin for now. My Cron is set to run every 10 mins right now, but I don't want the DB to backup every 10 mins.
Can I have you server details for cpanel? Someother plugin will be interfering with the backup cron.

It's possilbe just to disable DB backup if needed.
Quote from Lisa Apparently our host does not allow database backup storage on the server at all. Therefore I can not use this plugin. I'd like to arrange a refund, please.
Refund can not be done for this reason. Hope you can understand.

Lisa
Lisa Oct 26 '12
is your plugin designed to create a single backup and over-write it each time? This was what I thought it did and why I bought it.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
A new backup dump file will be created each time. Thats the maeaning of backup which will help in case of failures.. You can use them to restore from many days backup.

Regarding multiple backups every 10 minutes, I need details regarding your cpanel login and site login details to verify.
Lisa
Lisa Oct 26 '12
what settings do you need to check in cpanel?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
All cron values in the cron table. and the plugin's cron job.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you please download the new version and check if still backup is being done for every minute?

I just made some change to the cron job time value.
Lisa
Lisa Nov 15 '12

Hi Purus, before I do that, what time value did you change? How often will it save the backup?

What we need is to figure out how to configure this plugin so that the backup saves once per day, over top of itself (so that it doesn't create a new file every day) OR will save it to a local hard drive or somewhere else other than our server host so that we can be in compliance with our host's terms of service.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
The plugin is designed to backup every 24 hours.

As said before, I have hardcoded the value 1440 directly in the cron job. Lets see if it goes well.

Please have it run for few minutes and see if it creates multiple backups every minute. If it does so, deactivate it to be in compliance and PM me your site and cpanel details.
Stephane
Stephane Jan 12 '13
Exactly what I need! Excellent plugin!
Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic