We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect not working for new members - Help | Forum

Kevin
Kevin Mar 16 '17
I realize there was an older forum listing dealing with similar issue, however the resolutions there (https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/51219?page=1) did not apply to my problem.

I have been using the Facebook Connect option (see FB_1.jpg) with my Facebook  personal and business account, and everything works fine (See FB_Success.jpg)

However several users reported that it did not work. So I created a new FaceBook test account and tried the same sign-in process I use.

a) logged into FaceBook as the new account

b) select Connect via Facebook on sign-in

AND IT DOES NOT WORK! (see FB_error.jpg)

Also tried logging in when not already logged into Facebook. The correct window is displayed (see FB_Signin.jpg) However after entering email and Facebook password, even though the user is logged into FaceBook now, the same error message is displayed on my Oxwall site. (FB_Error.jpg)

=============== 

Turns out my two accounts work because they are the owner and tester listed in the Facebook App. No other account is working.

===============

The Facebook app was in Dev mode, and I changed that yesterday. I noticed another section on the Facebook App Review page regarding submit for approval - is this required for an Oxwall Facebook Connect? (see FB_App_Review)

Thanks,

Kevin

If anyone has an idea and can try their account at: https://shootingbuzz.com/

The Forum post is edited by Kevin Mar 17 '17
Attachments:
  FB_1.JPG (14Kb)
  FB_App_Review.JPG (31Kb)
  FB_Success.JPG (14Kb)
  FB_Error.JPG (20Kb)
  FB_SignIn.JPG (32Kb)
Kevin
Kevin Mar 16 '17
Forgot to mention that I am also using the Ultimate Landing Page plugin. - I just confirmed with developer that is not the issue...

Super important. Facebook promotion on hold until we can figure this out. Already did one before we knew it was broken :(

The Forum post is edited by Kevin Mar 18 '17
Kevin
Kevin Mar 18 '17
Confirmed that the test user is logged into the Facebook app when viewing the settings on their Facebook account.  It is the logging into Oxwall site that fails.
Kevin
Kevin Mar 18 '17
Hopefully this last fact will enable Oxwall developer to zero in on the code that logs into Oxwall Site via Connect button.

1) After unsuccessful initial signup via connect

a) confirmed Facebook Test User had the App listed

2) Manually entered The email and password used for Facebook in the Sign Up page - This successfully logged the test user into the site! (That means initial Facebook account info was setup was completed, but error stopped user.

3) Logged out of Oxwall site, and now tried the connect button again. This time it worked (after I had signed in once manually)