We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

SMTP not working in Oxwall 1.8.4 | Forum

TeamX
TeamX Mar 26 '17
Hi,

In my Oxwall. When I enabled the SMTP and tested the connection it shows connection failed, even I tried with many gmails and yahoo maps . it still shows connection failed. 

Then I tried it with the Official Oxwall Demo Site, and the SMTP settings are working perfectly. The issue is with my website, the SMTP is not working. 

Just Shows SMTP Connection Failed

Theo
Theo Mar 26 '17
Perhaps you are not using the correct smtp port?

Try using gmail again with these setup:

Host:Port - smtp.gmail.com : 465

Username: {your gmail user email}

password: {your gmail user email password}

Secure connection: SSL

You might need to enable IMAP Access from your Gmail account settings.

See: https:///...google-s-smtp-server

Note: there is a limitation using Gmail SMTP. Google limits the amount of mail a user can send, via its portable SMTP server. This limit restricts the number of messages sent per day to 99 emails; and the restriction is automatically removed within 24 hours after the limit was reached.

Daniel
Daniel Mar 26 '17
what is your host provider? some host provider blocked smtp port. you can contact your host provider for more details.
TeamX
TeamX Mar 27 '17
Hi ,

I have checked the SMTP in the demo site and was working fine. 
Quote from Theo Perhaps you are not using the correct smtp port?

Try using gmail again with these setup:

Host:Port - smtp.gmail.com : 465

Username: {your gmail user email}

password: {your gmail user email password}

Secure connection: SSL

You might need to enable IMAP Access from your Gmail account settings.

See: https:///...google-s-smtp-server

Note: there is a limitation using Gmail SMTP. Google limits the amount of mail a user can send, via its portable SMTP server. This limit restricts the number of messages sent per day to 99 emails; and the restriction is automatically removed within 24 hours after the limit was reached.

TeamX
TeamX Mar 27 '17
THanks Daniel , The Port was Blocked by hosting provider
Quote from Daniel what is your host provider? some host provider blocked smtp port. you can contact your host provider for more details.