We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Wording on the header image | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Lucas Heijn
Lucas Heijn Mar 27 '17
Hi,  I'm new to Oxwall. Installed it today. Easy install.
I've read about how to adjust CSS. I was wondering how to change the wording on the header or are they part of the image?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 27 '17
From looking at your site; the text in the header for the theme you are using is part of the header. Some themes have editable text, and some don't have text at all, other have text that is part of the header. You can always replace the header image with one of your own design. Most themes give that ability in the theme customization area in the admin panel.
Lucas Heijn
Lucas Heijn Mar 29 '17
Hi Darryl
thanks for your reply. I thought as much. that's not too difficult to do. Playing around I have been able to sort out quite a few things.
I have searched for the text in the right hand lower screen but have so far bee a unable to find the source so I can adjust this.  I have installed the plug in for Firefox of web tools. I'll keep searching and sort out this little problem.
Thanks again for you help
Regards
Lucas
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 29 '17
Are you referring to the Oxwall attribution link? If so, that should remain in order to continue receiving help on the forum. There are steps you can take to be able to remove it, but it requires a donation to Oxwall. Follow this link for info. The Oxwall team is the only ones that can provide you with info on this.

https://developers.oxwall.com/donation
Lucas Heijn
Lucas Heijn Mar 31 '17
No I'm not referring to them at all. Leaving them in place is the least we can do to show appreciation for the software.
What I had in mind is the wording as shown :

Welcome!

Welcome to our site! Here are a few quick links that you need to start your way around:

I thought I may be able to tweak this so it sounds more like me

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 31 '17
+1 Chris_W
Some text on the main page can be edited by clicking on customize this page then clicking on the gear wheel for the widget that contains the text.
Lucas Heijn
Lucas Heijn Mar 31 '17
Thanks guys. got it all sorted and learned a lot as I went
James William
James William Apr 28 '22
Hi! I'm also newly-registered here in this forum and now finding the best book report writing service at affordable rates. Can anyone here suggest me?