We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error when adding newsfeed containing a url | Forum

Can YILMAZ
Can YILMAZ Aug 17 '12
Hello

I receive an error message ("Error") when I add a comment with an url of youtube in newsfeed 

I use version1.4.0

Someone an idea ?

Can

Attachments:
  error.jpg (72.74Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 17 '12
Do you receive this error every time you add a link to the Newsfeed?
Can YILMAZ
Can YILMAZ Aug 17 '12
Hello Michael

Yes, every time, but simple text without the link works

Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 18 '12
Can you share your site URL?
Can YILMAZ
Can YILMAZ Aug 20 '12
Hello Michael

Do you have any solution ?

Thanks

Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 4 '12
Just spoke to our developers and they say that it it a server issue because your server returns 403 Forbidden response when an YouTube video URL is added. There is no such problem on our demo website which most probably means it's your server's issue. Consider about contacting them regarding this and ask them to provide you with more information regarding the problem.
Akeem
Akeem Aug 27 '14
hello micheal i have the same issue can you be more specific? i had to ask the tech guys at my hosting to whitelist the ajax file in ow_core to allow my users to up load pictures, it there a rule in that particular file that relates to the newsfeed and uploading videos? can you help me find the direct issue so i can get them to resolve it?

ross Team
ross Aug 27 '14
Akeem basically these are all static folder files of the plugins, you will need your hosting provider support team to figure out the setting of the mod_security module in order to disable right ones. 
Akeem
Akeem Aug 30 '14
thank you ross for clearing that up.. much appreciated?
Akeem
Akeem Aug 30 '14
ross iam going to pm you
ross Team
ross Sep 1 '14
See my reply in PM