We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error Installing - SimplyResponsive | Forum

Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran Apr 13 '17
It says: "Can't extract plugin archived files." Please fix.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 15 '17
Are you installing the theme through the admin panel in zip format? I just went through a download, and install with no issues.  The only time I ran across this error was when the plugin was in the wrong file format type, or I tried uploading a decompressed zip file.
Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran May 3 '17
I tried downloading the theme zip file again as is, uploaded it and got the same error. Could it be that I have the simplyresponsive_sb theme installed and in used?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 3 '17
Shouldn't make a difference. They each have a unique name that keeps them separate. I have installed all four on my test site.

1. create a folder on your server.
2. upload the theme.
3. decompress the theme.
4. put the decompressed theme into you ow_themes folder.
5.go to your site, and refresh the page, and see if the theme is showing as available.
I haven't heard of this issue yet. The only thing I can think to try is to compress the theme file again, and re-upload it to the store, but it appears to be working well on my end.
Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran May 11 '17
Thanks Daryl. I followed your instructions and uploaded the decompressed files to the ow_themes folder and it showed up under the theme selection page.

Looks like the only different with the sidebar and without sidebar is this div:

<div class="ow_sidebar">
  {component class="BASE_CMP_Sidebar"}
</div>
The Forum post is edited by Bruce Tran May 11 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 13 '17
The identity of the theme is in the xml file. There are some small differences in html, and css. Since this worked there could be an issue with gzip since it wouldn't automatically unzip the file with the auto install.
Bruce Tran
Bruce Tran May 13 '17
Thanks. It's weird because I was able to install your Simplicity Responsive with Sidebar without any problem.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 14 '17
No sure. I've tried installing both from scratch; all the way from downloading from the store, and installing via the admin panel, even switching the order of installation, and didn't have any issues. Not sure what the issue could be. I haven't heard of this one from any of the themes.
You do not have permission to reply this topic