We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Test version of Oxwall site (with plugins) | Forum

Kevin
Kevin May 1 '17
I have my v1.84 Oxwall production site hosted. 

I would like to create a duplicate site with all of the same plugins that is only accessed by me for development.  I have some code changes that I would like to test, and can not risk doing them in production.

What is the best practice for Oxwall and the plugins?

Was thinking I would create a second domain hosted on the same server which is only for test. Want to make sure that this is ok with Plugin licensing and not sure of process so test site does not impact prod site.

Thanks

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 1 '17
The test site would need to be on the same domain. I have my test site on a sub-domain.
Kevin
Kevin May 2 '17
Do you know if there a reference doc anywhere on the steps required to do that?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 2 '17
Don't think so. I just used cpanel on my hosting service, and created a sub domain. I'm not great at it, but Arvixe said it wouldn't cause any issues with my other install. So far no issues. I do testing on the test site, and if it looks right, I move it to the live site.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 2 '17
I have a main site that I created for other reasons, and didn't see Oxwall until I found Softaculous through the cpanel. I created three sub domains, and have Oxwall installed on two of them.
Kevin
Kevin May 2 '17
OK Thanks- I will give it a try!