We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error 500 after Mailbox update | Forum

Jon
Jon Aug 23 '12
Installed brand new oxwall software a few days ago. Site was up and running great, users had signed up. Kept getting "nag" screen in admin that said there were updates available. Finally clicked the "mailbox" update, I think it was for version 4558. Asked for ftp info which I entered. Hesitated a moment then entire site crashed. All I get now is " Error 500 Internal Server Error." All suggestions I can find on here don't work (setting database "isactive" setting for that plugin to 0 for example). Others suggest reinstalling plug in and reactivating in admin but I can't access ANYTHING on this site! No, I'm an idiot and didn't backup the entire site first! 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jon
Jon Aug 23 '12
Oops, I did finally make the CORRECT change asked for by the 500 error post (there are two ow_debug_mode statements in that file and I'd changed the wrong one. I did get this error after that: (I don't use the grphiteextened theme but it is in the theme folder) Any ideas how I can eliminate this error?

Message:Can't find theme dir for `graphiteextended`!File:/home/ejonny/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.phpLine:295Trace:#0 /home/ejonny/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.php(279): BOL_ThemeService->processTheme(9) #1 /home/ejonny/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/application.php(681): BOL_ThemeService->processAllThemes() #2 /home/ejonny/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/application.php(504): OW_Application->updateCachedEntities() #3 /home/ejonny/public_html/oxwall/ow_core/application.php(213): OW_Application->devActions() #4 /home/ejonny/public_html/oxwall/index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #5 {main}Type:LogicException

Jon
Jon Aug 23 '12
Sheez, sorry for all this! I was freaking out!

Fixed. Noticed that it seemed to be looking for a theme named "graphiteextended." The theme folder itself on the site was actually named "graphiteextended-1.1"  So I just renamed the folder to eliminate the version number at the end so that all is well now. I'll back-up my site now before screwing with it further!  Dang amateur! 

Den Team
Den Aug 24 '12
For the future. If you became to receive 500 internal error, then enable DEV_MODE in ow_includes/config.php file and check it again. You'll get an original error message.