We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Index Newsfeed moderation (approval/Notification) | Forum

Kevin
Kevin May 7 '17

The problem is that when someone joins as a free member (probably via Facebook) they are then able to post to newsfeed. - That is fine for 99%. However I recently had a spammer join and post links in the Newsfeed that I do NOT want shown to users.

Looking for either one of two ways to handle this problem:

1) Add Require Admin approval for member adding a status to Newsfeed (see attached), and email Admin notification immediately after new Newsfeed status added to approve/disapprove.

or

2) Add Notification to Admin so they could delete if required. (see attachment)

===== 

For now I temporarily disabled the ability to add status updates for Free Members (see attachment)

Is there any current setting or plugin for this capability,or would this be a custom mod?

If custom - anyone intere$ted?

The Forum post is edited by Kevin May 7 '17
Attachments:
  status-updates.JPG (14Kb)
  admin notifications.JPG (13Kb)
jahnsto
jahnsto Jan 16
Mathematics is a fundamental subject that forms the basis of many professions. By taking math classes, you can open doors to a wide range of career opportunities in fields such as engineering, finance, data analysis, computer science, and more with take my math class pro.
anna
anna Feb 26
I'm the administrator of the run 3 game website, and I want to thank you very much for the useful information you shared. Keep going, and know that I will always be here for you.