We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can Not Upload Pictures | Forum

Paradise
Paradise May 12 '17
Hiya I have this problem witch happened out of the blue that I cant get my head round? 

I haven't touched the website since I installed it a year ago and I didn't even update it, I didn't change anything server side, nothing at all so I don't get how this happened.

Suddenly you can not upload a picture, it gives an error and just hangs? 

Here is the error: 

/base/ajax-loader/component/?cmpClass=PHOTO_CMP_AjaxUpload&r=0.4186293958817924 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)(index):2757 Uncaught ReferenceError: ajaxPhotoUploader is not defined    at OW_FloatBox.<anonymous> ((index):2757)    at OW_FloatBox.trigger (ow.js?1lELeRUM:1196)    at OW_FloatBox.close (ow.js?1lELeRUM:1142)    at HTMLDivElement.<anonymous> (ow.js?1lELeRUM:919)    at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js:5)    at HTMLDivElement.y.handle (jquery.min.js:5)

I spoke to my hosting provider and they did look into it and I changed the permissions to 777 on the correct folders after reading one of your topics today but no change? 

I don't know what else to do and I don't know where to find this mod_security? 

I thought it was maybe the htaccess or something? 

After my client told me about this when it started I did update the platform and then the plugins and theme thinking that was going to solve it but not yet.

Any ideas because my hosting provider Hostwinds even said to ask on the forum for some help so it looks like they don't know.

I hope its a quick fix ;) Thanks in advance to any help out there ;)

bobbi
bobbi May 13 '17
The forbidden error suggests that mod security could be enabled on your server, ask your host to disable it if this is the case, my host did this for me straight away when I asked them too
The Forum post is edited by bobbi May 13 '17
Paradise
Paradise May 13 '17
Many thanks I shall give it a go ;) 

Paradise
Paradise May 14 '17
Yes it worked and Many thanks for your help on this bobbi ;)