We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

MANY problems "403 forbidden" during changing the text in Admin Dashboard.! | Forum

Rob
Rob May 26 '17

Are there any developers who can solve this problem.?
As soon as we try to change text in the admin dashboard, we get the "403 forbidden" error message very regularly.
This is not always, but regular and also not on specific text.
This forum regularly speaks about the log file of the error messages.
We have made a file (see attach) of 1 of our websites where we now have the most problems.
Previously, we never had problems with the websites, but in the last six months we encountered many problems with the Oxwall software.

These problems are seen as an SQL attack on the server, says our host provider.

With best regards,

Rob

The Forum post is edited by Rob Jan 3 '21
Shaun
Shaun May 26 '17
Have yried disabling mod security on the server when editing the txt?
Shaun
Shaun May 26 '17
I wish I had more technical experience to help you but unfortunatly I don't.

I had a number of issues with plugins where I kept getting the same message as you and was advised on this forum to turn MOD SECURITY OFF

I initially asked my host to do this as I did not know how but they refused to do so and the problems continued until one day I noticed that the option to turn it off had been made available in the servers control pannell.

I turned it off manually and not had a problem since.

It's worth checking if they have applied certain rules to the mod security or if they have truned it off compleely. Bare in mind host's don't seem to like disabling it compleetly.