We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to add a add as friend button under the persons name and date on a posted video | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Keith Kenny
Keith Kenny Jun 9 '17
How to add a add as friend button under the persons name and date on a posted video? I know the file is video_view.html from the plugins folder. 

But is there any other template files which already has this code in it? Ie. on the Profiles page, you can add a friend, but I've been looking (perhaps in the wrong place), but I can't find the template files for profiles. Where are these located? 

Any advice on this? thanks

The Forum post is edited by Keith Kenny Jun 10 '17
Keith Kenny
Keith Kenny Jun 10 '17
Can anyone help me with this please? Why is the support lacking so bad on the forums. I'm not looking for code, I only need guidance. Maybe I'd be best switching CMS....
Scam Detector
Scam Detector Jun 11 '17
You have 2 ways to do this:

1.- With a plugin (Recommended)

2.- Direct edit and add the code to that page.

You are trying the second way, is not recommended because if the plugin is updated, you will loose all changes and you will need to do it again.

Anyways, the info you are looking for is inside the friends plugin, in the file  "ow_plugins/friends/classes/event_handler.php"

The code for the link is inside the function onCollectProfileActionTools

So you need to get that code and rebuild it inside the video plugin and finally add the link to .html file too

If you download the "hints" plugin you will see that it includes the "add friend" button too, you can see the source code of that plugin to figure it out how does he does it.