We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug - Update - Invalid FTP Attributes | Forum

idea
idea Sep 5 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam
This is a commonly known issue with oxwall. There has been no solution or fix for this. Hopefully Oxwall team is working on that.
idea
idea Sep 9 '12
thnx for reply .. will you please guide... *which folders need permission? *which kind of permission?(777, 555) *suppose if incase we have to give permission "777" to ow_static.. then shall we have to give it for "the folder" or "the folder and all files and directory" or "folder and directory" only? {in my case i have 777 permission to ow_static, ow_userfiles ow_pluginsfiles folders and not to it's directory and it's files}
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 13 '12
Idea, could you PM me access details to your server so that we checked the issue more thoroughly?
benjaminmcavoy
benjaminmcavoy Oct 30 '13
Hi guys

I am having issues with FTP,  was working fine last week and now it will not work on my site, any suggestions..? 

Thank you
Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2013-10-30 22:59:29.png (53.62Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Nov 1 '13
benjaminmcavoy,

Did you do any changes?
Does this happen when you are updating plugins or when you adding new ones? Or in both cases?
What about themes? Are they getting uploaded without problems?

Ikechukwu
Ikechukwu Nov 2 '13
i just go manually... uninstall plugin, upload new plugin file... unachive... reinstall.
Alia Team
Alia Nov 4 '13
Ikechukwu, are you getting invalid FTP attributes issue as well?
Ikechukwu
Ikechukwu Nov 5 '13
yea...
Alia Team
Alia Nov 5 '13
Ikechukwu, them same questions:

1 Does this happen when you are updating plugins or when you adding new ones? Or in both cases?
2 What about themes? Are they getting uploaded without problems?
3 Are using "localhost" for host name?
  Control panel username for Ftp username?
  Control panel password for Ftp password?