We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Searching for a private Social Network - is Oxwall still in development? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Phatair
Phatair Jul 14 '17
Hello,

i'm searching for a software to create a private social network.

Oxwall looks very intresting but i'm not sure if it still in development.

The last version that was release is from 2016 and i can not find any information about the current development status.

Is it a good idea to use this software? 

I'm using ubuntu 16.04 with a lamp server (apache2, mariadb and php7.0).

The first tests shows problems with php7. 

Are there any plans to make oxwall compatible with php7?

Again, oxwall looks very nice and fits perfect for my ideas but i dont want to use a software that is at the end of Development.

Thanks for your help.

Greeting

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 14 '17
Hi there,

Oxwall  so far for me is better than any other, see my network at https://www.myvirgo.info
Nice thing about oxwall is you can customize it to the way you want and is build on php.

So far i have been with oxwall for 4 years and i can't complain...it is in development but very slow since this is an open source and free but if you donate to them it might help with the speeding up of developments but there are developers who are always here to help and have experience with oxwall.

Good Luck
Phatair
Phatair Jul 14 '17
Hey,

thanks for the fast reply.

Sounds good. I tested the oxwall demo and it looks very nice. I will create a private social network so it will not be a very big site. the slow development is not that bad but it would be great if bugs will be fixed and i get support if i have problems.

If all this is given i will donate for a project and support the developers.

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 14 '17
No problem, all the best !!