We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Nice chat, but how to reset chatroom? - Yoom - Chatroom | Forum

Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 24 '17
I like this chat very much, but struggle to find where and how to reset the chatroom.

Is this at all possible without going into the database table?

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 24 '17
No, there is no such feature at the moment. But can you elaborate more to consider future inclusion?

Thanks for your feedback,

Ebenezer.

Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 24 '17
Well, lets say someone spams the chat and I dont want it to keep standing there for all to see. Just a button to erase all earlier chathistory
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 30 '17
This features has been added to the build 4. Please update your plugin.

Regards

Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17
Very nice of you!

But I get a error when I update:
OW Debug - WarningMessage:PDO::prepare() expects parameter 1 to be string, array givenFile:/var/www/html/mysite,com/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:708

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 31 '17
The update issue has been resolved. Please check your inbox for instructions.

Thanks
Quote from Jonathan Hol Very nice of you!

But I get a error when I update:
OW Debug - WarningMessage:PDO::prepare() expects parameter 1 to be string, array givenFile:/var/www/html/mysite,com/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:708

Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17
Thank you, but I think actually I solved it by removing the earlier version completely and then installing the new one again. My site is in testing state so it was not that bad to loose the earlier members of the chatrom(s).

But I dont find a way of resetting the chatrooms I make myself. I see the function in the public chat, but it would be very nice to do this in usermade chatrooms as well, since this is the feature I have used the most. 

Actually from looking around I wonder if I should just use the public chatroom and not having the possibility of making other rooms. We mainly just need one room at our site, at least for now. 

I see that many other menus and visible items are able to hide in the theme css modifications. Could you please provide me the way of just using the public room and hiding/deactivate the usermade chatrooms? My idea is to remove the links for Last, Most Popular, My Chatrooms, Invitations so that there is only the public chatroom left? I do like the feature of being able to invite to chatrooms (thinking loudly here) but it would not be a necessity for me if I chose to only use public room and hide the other features. 

Ebenezer Obasi
You can clear the individual chatroom from the chatroom edit page. I will respond to the rest of your points a bit later.

Thanks
Quote from Jonathan Hol

But I dont find a way of resetting the chatrooms I make myself. I see the function in the public chat, but it would be very nice to do this in usermade chatrooms as well, since this is the feature I have used the most. 

Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17
strange I dont find the option, I will send you a screenshot later on. If it was not for the bot working I would have doubted that I actually had been able to update the plugin..
The Forum post is edited by Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17
Ebenezer Obasi
Please show me a screenshot of your edit chatroom page.
Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17
This is the page you mean right?
Attachments:
  yoom_chatrom_edit.jpg (91Kb)
Ebenezer Obasi

Quote from Jonathan Hol This is the page you mean right?
Yes, please clear your website cache and refresh that page. The changes are not reflecting because the plugin template files was not updated (this is because you did a fresh installation).
Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17

Quote from Ebenezer Obasi
Quote from Jonathan Hol This is the page you mean right?
Yes, please clear your website cache and refresh that page. The changes are not reflecting because the plugin template files was not updated (this is because you did a fresh installation).
You are absolutely correct. I cleared the cache and it is working now!

Thank you! we are very happy for this plugin :)!

There are a few other changes that I would also like to recommend, but I will write about it within the thread for suggestions.

You do not have permission to reply this topic