We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hosting Server & Mailing Server! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Roshan Choudhary
Roshan Choudhary Sep 11 '12
is it possible that a Hosting Server & mailing server is different.

due to my hosting server is not allowed bulk mail , so i cant send notification , invitation, or mass milling !

Please Help Me.  

Alia Team
Alia Sep 13 '12
Dear Roshan Choudhary . Yes it is possible to have your email with the different host.
Please contact company hosting your server for detailed instructions on how you need to change your MX records and do other adjustments.

You can also set up SMTP server for sending emails. This can be done in your admin panel> settings> main settings> "SMTP" tab.
Roshan Choudhary
Roshan Choudhary Sep 13 '12
Dear  Aliia 

Thank You for your answer.

If i set SMTP then my hosting account will not suspend , I am confused due to I talk with my hosting provider for change MX record but not help by they.

Alia Team
Alia Sep 14 '12
Dear Roshan,  if your current hosting doesn't allow mass mailing, you might seriously consider switching your hosting provider.

With regards to SMTP. Basically if you set up SMTP, then all your emails will be sent through the mailing server you specify in SMTP settings. For example you can use gmail. You can find instructions on SMTP settings of gmail here http://support.google.com/...mp;answer=13287 ; . In the same manner all email hosts usually provide similar instructions.
Roshan Choudhary
Roshan Choudhary Sep 14 '12

h4host.in is my hosting server provider for oxwall

h4host.in solved my bulk mail probelm"

"they helped me in smtp setting"