We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

The importer and my nerves.... | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 12 '12
It's been 11 days. I'm losing traffic ranks, members, and more! My Data Importer has still said wait import on the plugins, and still shows the SALT message, and it has been 11 DAYS! Come on, someone has to know the problem, and what I need to do to make it work, why won't the team tell me and the tons of other users why this importer plugin just never works? Can I get some support and get a basic answer instead of having to wait 2 days to be asked about CRON time jobs again?

I need support, meaning: I just need to be told what to add/edit/remove in files and such, to make it work! Not being asked for details!

I've been losing hair, literally, from the stress of this import thing! I can hardly concentrate anymore because of it, and the lack of support is driving me insane! All I want developers, is a Long but simple answer on what is everything I need to do to make the importer work! Please, just do that for me. 

I don't like to be mean, but I DO NOT want to wait another few weeks just to have the same consistent problem! So please, just answer me, thanks. 

The Forum post is edited by JB TECH Sep 12 '12
Attachments:
  import_help1.png (17.91Kb)
  import_help2.png (15.91Kb)
  import_help3.png (7.83Kb)
  import_help4.png (18.44Kb)
  incorrect_response.png (200.36Kb)
  incorrect_response2.png (232.34Kb)
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 12 '12
ALL the "screenshots" are attached!
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 13 '12
Quote from peter Have you Edited the Oxwall Link code to remove off your page ?

Peter, I began to upload the dump.sql files manually, starting with my Ads. But, this error comes back when I do so:

CREATE TABLE `%%TBL-PREFIX%%ads_banner` (

`id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
`label` VARCHAR( 255 ) NOT NULL ,
`code` TEXT NOT NULL ,
PRIMARY KEY ( `id` )) ENGINE = MYISAM AUTO_INCREMENT =13 DEFAULT CHARSET = utf8;

#1046 - No database selected 

Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 13 '12
The issue has been fixed. We are currently working on finding the root of the data import problem. Will let you know as soon as we have any updates.