We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron Job set up! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 13 '12
My Cron job stopped working weeks ago and I cannot seem to get it to work again can some please tell me what the proper set up for a cron job should look like? this is the one I tried to use but keep getting message back saying no input file specified?

/ramdisk/bin/php5 -q /home4/mydiary1/ow.run/php.ini /home4/mydiary1/public_html/ow.run/
I'm not sure if that is correct but I really could do with some help on this one please.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Sep 13 '12
Hi Paul it is a pleasure to meet you, I have no Idea what WGET  is? I am very new to all this Paul, I have spent the last year building my social network, and like your self I too have been having problems with bots invading my website and spend most of my time deleting bots links and blogs, my cron job as not been working now for weeks now and it is really depressing me, I have spend a lot of money on my social network trying to make it nice for my members but without the cron working it is just useless, thank you for your help, its just that I have no knowledge of how to set up a cron whats so ever.

Kind regards

Stan
Alia Team
Alia Sep 14 '12
Dear Stan,  you can check out the manual on how to set the CRON up here http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron