We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

@ works, but no notification or link on the user name when posted - Mentions | Forum

Mark
Mark Oct 6 '17

@ works, but no notification or link on the user name when posted

when you submit the comment, the username is not a link and the user is not notified that they were tagged?

any suggestions?

installed mentions_20

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Oct 8 '17
Did you select permision in user roles?

If no, you must check notification in mentions to activate this option to select roles.
Mark
Mark Oct 19 '17
Still not working.

made sure everything was checked

the username does not show up as a link once you submit the post

Also users not getting notified when they are tagged

If I have show userlink as "show" it will display a box with all the users info, I don't want that I just want the username in the post to be linked - like the screen shots in your images on the plugin

Any ideas

The Forum post is edited by Mark Oct 19 '17
Attachments:
  mentions1.jpg (122Kb)
  mentions2.jpg (139Kb)
  mentions3.jpg (142Kb)
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Oct 20 '17
Please check if you have option "Show" on " Show userlink "

on http://oxwall.artmedia.biz.pl/ everything works

about attachment mentions3.jog, this link is showing beause emoji plugin this create
Mark
Mark Oct 20 '17
I got it working, but there is a conflict with this plugin and the Emojis and Smileys - as soon as I disabled that plugin the mentions starting working correctly as shown in your screen shots.
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Oct 20 '17
i create intergation with this plugin as i can, you must write to this developer to do integration in his plugin
Mark
Mark Oct 20 '17
it works perfect with Facebook style News Feed - I just turned off the other one and started using this one.

Just wish Facebook style News Feed would work on the events plugin...

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Oct 20 '17
i created integrations with other plugin as i can, sometimes developers others plugins must modify code too

i spend many hours to do integrations with emoji plugins, facebok style newsfeed plugin, smiley plugin, but somentimes i can't jump all hurdles which this plugins create,
You do not have permission to reply this topic