We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

2 questions: mobile chat window and search only with photo | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Outperformer 3000
Outperformer 3000 Oct 25 '17
Hi@ll

1) How can I disabled chat window only on mobile devices? Mobile members should only communicate with message-system.

2) How can I integrate a field in search: "only members with photo"? To search only members, who uploaded an avatar?

Thx in advance.
Daniel
Daniel Oct 25 '17
hi Member X plugin can do the number 2 function.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1385

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 25 '17
You should really have two posts for such unrelated questions.
For the first one; You can try adding this to your custom css in the admin panel for smaller screen sizes.

@media only screen and (min-device-width : 320px) and (max-device-width : 480px){
ow_miniic_live .ow_lbutton {
    display: none;
}
.ow_chat_cont {
}
.ow_chat_dialog_wrap {
}
}
@media only screen and (min-device-width : 481px) and (max-device-width : 767px) {
ow_miniic_live .ow_lbutton {
}
.ow_chat_cont {
}
.ow_chat_dialog_wrap {
}
}

You might also look into this plugin. It allows you to keep the chat window from poppin up when a message is received.

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1372#
Outperformer 3000
Outperformer 3000 Oct 27 '17
Thank you very for your help.

I have another question (I don't know, if I should make on a new topic) regarding memberships. At the moment my site is free for all with all functions. What about the case, I want to launch a premium membership (with all functions, like at the moment); how can I make that old members can stay in the membership with full functions. Short: How can I launch a premium membership and the old member will get the new premium automatically?