We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

504 Timeout on Profile Pages | Forum

Tecca
Tecca Dec 18 '17
Any particular reason this happens, if anyone knows? I haven't tried troubleshooting it just yet, curious if anyone else ran into the problem

- No server changes
 - No new plugins or plugin updates

The browser simply decided to start timing out when viewing a user's profile (user/exampleuser).

I'll have to look into profile-specific plugins and disable them one at a time. Debug mode wasn't helpful in this scenario, nor Nginx logs on my server.

For now I've simply 302 redirected profiles to /dashboard so that users don't timeout trying to navigate there (also seems to lock up the site for about a minute when trying to browse elsewhere).

Also, I'm unsure if this is relevant, but Firefox gives this error in the console when attempting to get to a user's profile page:

The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. 
The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range.
The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.

Tecca
Tecca Dec 25 '17
Now that I've had time to figure out what the problem was, it led me back to the Members Country Flag plugin by Purusothaman Ramanujam: https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/548

Looking at the plugin's forum, it seems it's a common issue. I haven't figured out why it suddenly stopped working for me, but at least the issue has been found.