We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

file_get_contents(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 | Forum

Ada Donie
Ada Donie Dec 30 '17
Hi all , 
I have a Problem when I tried to install Extended Event Plugin (standalone) , but The maps didn't  appear . N when I try to enable Debug Mode/dev mode .. 
I get this warning .. 

Message: file_get_contents(): wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0

File: /home/.../public_html/ow_plugins/eventx/controllers/base.php

Line: 750

Yeah it seem's like this problem is the server issue , but is there any way to solve my problem ?
thank you :)

The Forum post is edited by Ada Donie Dec 30 '17
dave Leader
dave Dec 30 '17
Yes look towards the bottom of this post youll see the code 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/47341

just remove the ; from the front of it... as its commented out in that sample. 

Ada Donie
Ada Donie Dec 31 '17
Thank you Dave , but it still doesn't work .
here , all the warning I got .. 

OW Debug - WarningMessage:

file_get_contents(): wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0File:/home/.../public_html/ow_plugins/eventx/controllers/base.php  Line:750

OW Debug - WarningMessage:

file_get_contents(http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?q=...%2C+...+...%2C+...&format=json&limit=1): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be foundFile:/home/.../public_html/ow_plugins/eventx/controllers/base.php Line:750

OW Debug - NoticeMessage:

Trying to get property of non-objectFile:/home/../public_html/ow_plugins/eventx/controllers/base.php Line:753

The Forum post is edited by Ada Donie Dec 31 '17
dave Leader
dave Dec 31 '17
show me your php ini file and your site htaccess file please, we can start there.  

And is that a third party plugin, if so have you contacted the plugin dev yet.  I ask because it says eventx not events. 

What version of php are you using?

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 31 '17
Ada Donie
Ada Donie Dec 31 '17
you're right 
ok

this is my php.ini file 

max_execution_time = 30

memory_limit = 100M 

post_max_size = 70M

upload_max_filesize = 70M

allow_url_fopen = On

allow_url_include = Off

and this is my .htaccess file 

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/captcha\.php

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

# php -- BEGIN cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

# Set the “ea-php56” package as the default “PHP” programming language.

<IfModule mime_module>

AddType application/x-httpd-ea-php56 .php .php5 .phtml

</IfModule>

# php -- END cPanel-generated handler, do not edit

PHP Version5.6.32

yes ,  because this is from Extended events plugin (standalone) ..and the author this plugin is Purusothaman Ramanujam,I have tried many time to contact him , but it seem's he is no longer active.. 

The Forum post is edited by Ada Donie Dec 31 '17
dave Leader
dave Dec 31 '17
stuff looks ok to me....  

notices are not fatal so we wont worry about them... 

Its the fatal errors that need to be addressed.  

is there an update for the plugin, or have you tried to uninstall and reinstall it?   We really cant solve 3rd party plugin issues here but ill try to offer you some suggestions. 

Maybe refresh your cache

what is on this line public_html/ow_plugins/eventx/controllers/base.php Line:750

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 31 '17
Ada Donie
Ada Donie Jan 1 '18
this is the most up to date from puru .. I've already tried many times to re instal and refresh the cache , but still doesn't work . 

yeah I know, if you want to solve 3rd party plugin, you have to see the code that plugins , right.. but it's okay. thank's  dave , you've helped me a lot. I really appreciate you.. :)

maybe on the next time I should to hire a programmer ., lol :D I just started my project, so I am still don't have a lot budget now ..

well , but I think the team oxwall should give a warning "risk by your own" for each a plugin. if the author has no longer active.. 

The Forum post is edited by Ada Donie Jan 1 '18
dave Leader
dave Jan 1 '18
Thanks for the kind words, sorry i could not be more help. Yes its always buyer beware on plugins with any script not just oxwall.  Many devs just walk away and honestly i almost closed my store too. But im dedicated and i want to do whats right for people.  I am just fighting big health issues now and so my development time is very limited.   I do keep up with what i have now in plugins and am releasing updates when i can but it just takes me time do to so. 

If it makes any difference, i can tell you from experience that some of the other choices out there are worse than oxwall. Many dont have even close to the out of the box features that oxwall does.  And people have left oxwall for other choices and have come back to oxwall later. 

Its just unfortunate that the oxwall team has pretty much walked away from the forum and any kind of real support for the script on the open source side of things.  And yes the store itself does need a good cleaning out of junk.  

Dont give up on your dream, i wish you the best of luck.  If i can help, ill try... 

Dave :)

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jan 2 '18
add to .httaccess

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/info\.php

create info.php file

add <?php phpinfo(); save and upload on serwer

check if allow_url_open is On

this seems you have problem with server

Ada Donie
Ada Donie Jan 3 '18

Quote from dave

Dont give up on your dream, i wish you the best of luck.  If i can help, ill try... 

Dave :)

haha thank's dave you are so kind , of course I would never thinking to give until I reached my dream . and someday , I also want to be like you who always think and dedicated theme-self to others. :)

artmedia , 
thank's for your suggestion, yes , I tried just like you said and your guess is correct. the setting for allow _url_open is off 

I tried to contact to administration hosting to help me and uninstall another plugin because I think there is possibility of conflict with extended event. and it was success. the map appears and and the notice has disappeared.

but another problem, After added new event, I get another Warnings. and the maps  also has disappears again in all event.

Here the warning i got.

OW Debug - NoticeMessage:Undefined offset: 0File:/home/.../public_html/ow_plugins/eventx/controllers/base.php

Line:753

OW Debug - NoticeMessage:

Trying to get property of non-objectFile:/home/.../public_html/ow_plugins/eventx/controllers/base.php

Line:753   

can you help me , thank you

The Forum post is edited by Ada Donie Jan 3 '18
dave Leader
dave Jan 3 '18
those are just notices, they are not fatal and more than likely when you get everything else going they could actually fix themselves.  
James Walter
James Walter Jan 1
We offer various scheduled maintenance services, like oil changes and tune-ups, brake inspections, and electrical checks, to keep your truck running optimally. Garden Grove Mobile Mechanic