We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Language Broken? Missing? Corrupt? Incomplete? - Oxwall Classifieds (Beta) | Forum

Blaire
Blaire Jan 9 '18
I have downloaded this three times from the site here and have installed, removed, activated, and deactivated it through my site a good handful of times. Something is wrong, broke, missing, or something else entirely with the language, I guess.

I see that a few other people have had similar issues like this when trying to use it. Why is this not fixed for all? I see it's requested to have server access, but, really, why is that necessary? What is being changed, tweaked?

After activation, I cannot change anything with the language.

When going into the plugin after activation for tweaks, this is what it shows me (as well as what is displayed externally on the site to members):

iclassifieds+admin_tab_general_title
    iclassifieds+admin_category_tab_title
    iclassifieds+admin_pending_approval
    iclassifieds+admin_expired_items

iclassifieds+admin_item_approval    
iclassifieds+admin_results_per_page    
iclassifieds+admin_default_currency    
iclassifieds+enable_one_currency    
iclassifieds+admin_condition_types    
iclassifieds+admin_plugin_theme    
iclassifieds+admin_allowed_image_count    
iclassifieds+admin_preview_image_size    
iclassifieds+enable_multi_categories    
iclassifieds+enable_3d_cloud_categories    
iclassifieds+enable_disclaimer_notice    
iclassifieds+support_bitcoin    

Attachments:
  wtf-language.png (49Kb)
Blaire
Blaire Jan 10 '18
Settings > Language > Classifieds - Ultimate Pro

Shows

{ text key="admin+no_values" }
Attachments:
  wtf-language-2.png (53Kb)
Blaire
Blaire Jan 10 '18
Okay, so I'm concluding that somehow Oxwall is not passing the most recent version through after purchase. I say this initially because I see here:

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/44076

That the currency can be disabled from appearing; however, I have no option for that on my side.

I've gotten this to sort-of half work at this point. I went into iclassifieds > update

I saw there were 4 folders there. I took the folder "7" initially and tried to upload the "langs" file to my languages section. It said it was invalid.

I then took the "5" folder (just working my way down in number) and uploaded the "langs" file to my languages section. It did apply!

Progress!

Though, in the plugin itself there are some missing (?) values. For example, the currency option of enabling one currency only appears as:

And, like I said, it seems like I'm missing features?

I've had my Oxwall check for updates a few times and this one doesn't pop up as having one pending or anything of the sort.

So, right now, I'm just focused on removing "Default Currency for new Items" since currency does not matter on my end. Apparently it's supposedly an option in the latest plugin files!
Jason
Jason Mar 23 '18
ever get a response to this? I am having the same issue.
Jason
Jason Apr 19 '18
??? Assistance would be great.  
Attachments:
  2018-04-19 (3).png (128Kb)
Blaire
Blaire May 1 '18
I can't give you any more assistance than what I detailed I did above. Sorry.

Also, no, I have never received a response from this developer.
Paul
Paul Dec 31 '18

Thanks for the great info Blair.  That language file in folder 5 sorts out most of the issues.

Ash
Ash Apr 3 '19
I just installed this and got to know that i am sailing in the same boat... any solution you got for changing language brother? the developer is not responding.. Please help if you can spare some time... i may be disturbing but i am facing the same trouble 
Quote from Blaire I have downloaded this three times from the site here and have installed, removed, activated, and deactivated it through my site a good handful of times. Something is wrong, broke, missing, or something else entirely with the language, I guess.

I see that a few other people have had similar issues like this when trying to use it. Why is this not fixed for all? I see it's requested to have server access, but, really, why is that necessary? What is being changed, tweaked?

When going into the plugin after activation for tweaks, this is what it shows me (as well as what is displayed externally on the site to members):

Quote from Blaire I have downloaded this three times from the site here and have installed, removed, activated, and deactivated it through my site a good handful of times. Something is wrong, broke, missing, or something else entirely with the language, I guess.

dave Leader
dave Apr 5 '19
It sounds like the dev forgot to import the new language keys after he updated the plugin.  

To spell this out here is the process that devs follow when updating the lang in a plugin.  

If they have a new text variable, they create that variable in the language file using the dev-tools portion of admin section using this process 

https://wiki.oxwall.com/faq:site_configuration:manage_languages?s[]=dev&s[]=tools

Then when the dev is done with that process they MUST remember to export their lang file for the plugin and then upload it to the server of their dev version and overwrite  the langs.zip file.  This will allow them to use the most current copy of the langs file on their dev copy.   

They also need to remember to set the new import value for the new langs.zip file in the update folder of the update so that when a user updates they get the new lang.zip file imported to thier copy. 

I suspect that the dev either forgot to include the lang.zip import command in their update folder file or they saved their dev copy without exporting the current lang.zip version and including it in their released copy.  

Either way the solution is this: 

1. open up the last update folder for the plugin and look inside the update.php file... there should be a command that looks like this:

OW::getLanguage()->importPluginLangs(OW::getPluginManager()->getPlugin('PLUGINNAME')->getRootDir().'update/NUMBER/langs.zip', 'PLUGINNAME');

PLUGINNAME is the name of your plugin...  and the NUMBER is the number of the update folder... if the folder is named 7 then there should be a 7 for NUMBER

If that code is not in that file then add it...  the plugin name should be in lowercase. 

Make sure there is a langs.zip file in the update folder as well.  If it is not there then you need to download a fresh copy of your plugin from the oxwall server and upload the langs.zip folder from the plugin root to the update folder. 

Then uninstall the plugin and reinstall, clear your cache and you should now have the missing lang values. 

If that code is there and it has the right number and plugin name,  then that means that the dev forgot to update with the right copy of the langs.zip file...  In this case the fix is somewhat longer.... 

First i would download the plugin from your plugins list, then i would take the langs.zip file from the root of the plugin download and stick it into the update folder and also overwrite the langs.zip file in the plugin root on the server as well.  

To be cliear here, when an update is issued on a plugin the plugin root langs.zip file and the update folder (number of release) langs.zip file should be the most current version of those files.  So from your downloaded latest copy just overwrite both those locations. 

There should be two files in the update folder,  update.php and langs.zip   Just overwrite the langs.zip in the update folder with the one in the plugin root....   The reason is that its possible that the dev updated the root langs.zip folder but forgot to copy it over to the update folder. 

If that does not work then your stuck with creating the lang key values yourself using the 

dev-tools process.   Youll need to guess what the text should say and then add the lang key for that lang code using dev-tools.  But remember you need to do the same as the dev should have when you are done adding... export the lang file and upload it to the root plugin folder and update folder

I hope this helps.... sorry you all have to deal with this from that dev that decided to just leave.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 5 '19
Ash
Ash Apr 5 '19

Sir - i tried adding the codes (it was missing) but nothing happened..

Now i am trying to do the 2nd step you mentions "First i would download the plugin from your plugins list, then i would take the langs.zip file from the root of the plugin download and stick it into the update folder and also overwrite the langs.zip file in the plugin root on the server as well. "

Can you please help with file path and steps how to do it...

Really thank you for giving such a relief to people and help us out!

Thanks by heart,

Look fw

Ashish

Quote from dave It sounds like the dev forgot to import the new language keys after he updated the plugin.  

To spell this out here is the process that devs follow when updating the lang in a plugin.  

If they have a new text variable, they create that variable in the language file using the dev-tools portion of admin section using this process 

https://wiki.oxwall.com/faq:site_configuration:manage_languages?s[]=dev&s[]=tools

Then when the dev is done with that process they MUST remember to export their lang file for the plugin and then upload it to the server of their dev version and overwrite  the langs.zip file.  This will allow them to use the most current copy of the langs file on their dev copy.   

They also need to remember to set the new import value for the new langs.zip file in the update folder of the update so that when a user updates they get the new lang.zip file imported to thier copy. 

I suspect that the dev either forgot to include the lang.zip import command in their update folder file or they saved their dev copy without exporting the current lang.zip version and including it in their released copy.  

Either way the solution is this: 

1. open up the last update folder for the plugin and look inside the update.php file... there should be a command that looks like this:

OW::getLanguage()->importPluginLangs(OW::getPluginManager()->getPlugin('PLUGINNAME')->getRootDir().'update/NUMBER/langs.zip', 'PLUGINNAME');

PLUGINNAME is the name of your plugin...  and the NUMBER is the number of the update folder... if the folder is named 7 then there should be a 7 for NUMBER

If that code is not in that file then add it...  the plugin name should be in lowercase. 

Make sure there is a langs.zip file in the update folder as well.  If it is not there then you need to download a fresh copy of your plugin from the oxwall server and upload the langs.zip folder from the plugin root to the update folder. 

Then uninstall the plugin and reinstall, clear your cache and you should now have the missing lang values. 

If that code is there and it has the right number and plugin name,  then that means that the dev forgot to update with the right copy of the langs.zip file...  In this case the fix is somewhat longer.... 

First i would download the plugin from your plugins list, then i would take the langs.zip file from the root of the plugin download and stick it into the update folder and also overwrite the langs.zip file in the plugin root on the server as well.  

To be cliear here, when an update is issued on a plugin the plugin root langs.zip file and the update folder (number of release) langs.zip file should be the most current version of those files.  So from your downloaded latest copy just overwrite both those locations. 

There should be two files in the update folder,  update.php and langs.zip   Just overwrite the langs.zip in the update folder with the one in the plugin root....   The reason is that its possible that the dev updated the root langs.zip folder but forgot to copy it over to the update folder. 

If that does not work then your stuck with creating the lang key values yourself using the 

dev-tools process.   Youll need to guess what the text should say and then add the lang key for that lang code using dev-tools.  But remember you need to do the same as the dev should have when you are done adding... export the lang file and upload it to the root plugin folder and update folder

I hope this helps.... sorry you all have to deal with this from that dev that decided to just leave.  

dave Leader
dave Apr 5 '19
If you have downloaded the latest copy of the plugin, simply copy the langs.zip file from the download root to 

ow_plugins/pluginname/         overwrite the langs.zip that is already there.

and 

ow_plugins/pluginname/update/last update number/      also overwrite that file as well. 

then clear your cache and you should have the latest values,  the reason that you also copy it into the update folder is just in case you decide to rerun the update it will have the latest file... 

But the big deal is to be sure you overwrite the root langs.zip file... 

Ash
Ash Apr 6 '19
How do i find the path of my root folder? I am getting lost in so many folders... Sorry its silly question, but still asking
Quote from dave If you have downloaded the latest copy of the plugin, simply copy the langs.zip file from the download root to 

ow_plugins/pluginname/         overwrite the langs.zip that is already there.

and 

ow_plugins/pluginname/update/last update number/      also overwrite that file as well. 

then clear your cache and you should have the latest values,  the reason that you also copy it into the update folder is just in case you decide to rerun the update it will have the latest file... 

But the big deal is to be sure you overwrite the root langs.zip file... 

dave Leader
dave Apr 6 '19
when i say root folder on  server im talking about where oxwall is installed (public_html most likely) or sub folder... 

when i say download root folder im talking about when you open up the download plugin folder and the name of the plugin folder (that is the download root)

So basically youll have to try to see if the dev forgot to update the langs.zip file in the oxwall root ow_plugins/pluginname folder or not.   So see which file is larger, the one in the download root or the one in the download  /update/number  whichever is larger is the one you want to add to the oxwall install ow_plugins/pluginname/

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 6 '19
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am sorry for all the delay. Due to personal reasons I had to be away from all these works.

Now I am back and commited to provide support.

Apologies again.. Pleaset let me know if you have any issues and I will take it as priority.

dave Leader
dave Nov 24 '19
Good to see you Puru, i hope that you are in fact back and back to stay, it is rough times around here.  :)
You do not have permission to reply this topic