We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

forum notifications don't works - Mentions | Forum

Cesar
Cesar Jan 14 '18
When i use the mention, notification dont work, but mentions work
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Jan 15 '18
check on user role permissions if this role have enable notifications
Cesar
Cesar Jan 15 '18

all the users have permissions.

also every time I activate this plugin I have problems to insert links in the newsfeed I have to refresh the page many times

The Forum post is edited by Cesar Jan 15 '18
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 5 '18
i checked on my demo page and notifications are send, when user notify someone else writing post
Tecca
Tecca Apr 5 '18
Just saw this topic, I have the same problem with the latest version as of today. Permissions are all correct and the notifications work in the dashboard, but not the forum. 
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 6 '18
i check it, and release fix on next version, but if oxwall core remove html tags from editor, then you must edit oxwall core files.
Tecca
Tecca Apr 6 '18

Quote from ArtMedia i check it, and release fix on next version, but if oxwall core remove html tags from editor, then you must edit oxwall core files.
I would be okay with doing so if that's what needs to be done. Definitely worth it for notifications from forum posts.
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 6 '18
i tested it on default oxwall wysiwyg editor and notification was sended, but not checked it with ckeditor. If i find free time, check this.
Tecca
Tecca Apr 6 '18
With CKEditor, this is what I get after saving the post:

<p><span class="atwho-inserted"><a href="https://www.example.com/user/User1">User1</a> </span></p>

And before saving it:

<p><span class="atwho-inserted" contenteditable="false" data-atwho-at-query="@use"><a href="https://www.example.com/user/User1" serialized-mention="[@User1:2]" taget="_blank">User1</a> </span></p>

I had to modify the CKEditor files to allow the atwho-inserted class, contenteditable, serialized-mention, etc. That works fine, so I believe it's Oxwall stripping it out after you save the post.

The Forum post is edited by Tecca Apr 6 '18
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Apr 7 '18
to send notify, html code must have this part "serialized-mention=[@User1:2]"

i check this and release fix on next version or tutotial what oxwall core files edit
You do not have permission to reply this topic