We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ERROR - Can't find master page | Forum

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi,

Its has been very very frequent that I am getting the below error in my WAMP localhost.

I could not find any reason or solution for this issue in the forum. It will work for some days and next day morning, when I see I get this message.

Any fix for this?

Message: Can't find master page `'.general.'` ! File: C:\wamp\www\oxwall\ow_core\theme_manager.php Line: 222 Trace: #0 C:\wamp\www\oxwall\ow_core\master_page.php(56): OW_ThemeManager->getMasterPageTemplate('general') #1 C:\wamp\www\oxwall\ow_core\application.php(193): OW_MasterPage->__construct() #2 C:\wamp\www\oxwall\index.php(43): OW_Application->init() #3 {main} Type: InvalidArgumentException
The Forum post is edited by Purusothaman Ramanujam Sep 28 '12
Morten
Morten Oct 1 '12
Hi,

Im having the same issue - did you find the cause ? or fix ?

Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 3 '12
Are you having several websites working with the same database? Or is that just simple Oxwall installation where you see the error?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Just single installation with one database for its own.

Its a simple oxwall installation. I get this even in my localhost and got it in one of my client live server.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its in my localhost friend.. :(
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Its been 3 times that due to this issue, I have to reinstall the site in my localhost.
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 8 '12
And reinstall doesn't fix the issue, right?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Reinstall makes it work correctly. But after some time/days the same issue happens again.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Any idea on this? Yet another user got this same issue.
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 1 '12
Our developers are saying that this problem occurs sometimes, but 9 times out of 10 it happens on a local installation. And usually on a Windows installations. So, we are digging into this problem more deeply and will keep you posted.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
This happens also in a Linux hosted server in a live site. But not frequent..