We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Joseph
Joseph Oct 2 '12
I need someone to help me out I restored my site from a backup and now there is an issue when uploading avatars it takes too long and even though the avatar uploads I get an error each time so can someone please take a look at this for me and see what the issue is?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 3 '12
Joseph, what is your site URL and which error are you getting each time?
Joseph
Joseph Oct 3 '12
my site url is wickednation.net and I get a error saying

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /store/jails//...ow_core/database.php on line 305

Alia Team
Alia Oct 3 '12
Joseph, ask your hosting company to increase max_execution_time on your server.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 3 '12
its my host the max execution is fine read my original post again before this restore things were fine I have tested this db on a backup server and tested it against another oxwall db and the other performs fine this should not take even 30 seconds to execute you do realize that correct?
Joseph
Joseph Oct 3 '12
yes the image does get uploaded every time
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 3 '12
Hey Joseph, can you PM me access details to your server so that we could check into the issue? I have your access details, but need to be sure they fit.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 3 '12
pm has been sent
Joseph
Joseph Oct 4 '12
after running some further tests I found on my backup server I am getting this 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in /home/joeservs/public_html/test/ow_core/database.php on line 341

and I get that error sometimes on my live site but it usually points toward newsfeed and not just database

jose
jose Oct 6 '12

you may need to increase the memory capacity of the BD in PHP.ini something like this:

, Maximum size of POST data will accept That PHP.

; http://php.net/post-max-size

post_max_size = 8M

You see it in phpmyadmin when you give to see the ability to import you have to file if you need to increase it is insufficient in php.ini that amount

Joseph
Joseph Oct 7 '12
ok but is this normal for oxwall?
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 9 '12
Basically, it is not normal for our script to hang when user uploads a photo. We are currently checking into this issue and will let you know when we have any news. Stay tuned.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 18 '12
nothing?
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 19 '12
Joseph, our developers are currently very busy working on the upcoming major build, but I will do everything possible to get back to you with a reply within a next week.
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 31 '12
As I can see, the problem has gone away now. Or am I checking a wrong website? 
Helike
Helike Nov 1 '12
I got similar error with the same action (upload a backup).

But in my case it's happens when I try to put a avatar in my group or when a new member signup using Facebook, as I related on this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6325

Joseph
Joseph Nov 1 '12
it seems the error has gone but teh query still takes a long tiome to run
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Nov 1 '12
Abbey
Abbey Nov 1 '12
yeah it took ages for me joe... it got there eventually though
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am facing an issue when changing my avatar in oxwall.org in the link http://www.oxwall.org/profile/avatar

The jpg image size is 1.01 MB and no error message is displayed. Just a white blank page.

Is this something related to this post?
Joseph
Joseph Nov 3 '12
abbey is that on my site or your site and also talking it over with my tech he optimized the db so that's why its working ok for now its not running out the max execution time but is still messed up this process should run fast as it is only an image upload
Pages: 1 2 »