We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Anybody tested this yet? - MailJet Newsletter | Forum

Matthias
Matthias Feb 28 '18
The internal mass-mailing of my skadate dating site is not build for sending lots of Email and starts to crash my website everytime I do a mass mailing (time-out). 

So I am looking into an external service like mailjet to do this. 

This Plugin looks like exactly what I need for my skadate 1.8.4. Version. Has anyone tried it yet and can report how it works?

I want to make sure it does not confllict with other Emails that are sent (registration, double opt in, automated weekly match-emails, Email-updates for profile etc). 

Furthermore, does this plugin take into consideration if someone unsubscribes from the Newsletter? 

Please let me know, thank you

Matthias

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 1 '18
Hello,

I tested this plugin on oxwall and oxwall team tested plugin when they accepted it in store.

Plugin only override default oxwall mailling system, so when somebody unsubscribe newsletter, they dont give any mails.

i sell 2 licences and so far nobody dont report any bugs
Matthias
Matthias Mar 12 '18
Thank you for the fast reply! I bought your plugin and was able to send a test-mail on my test-enviroment. Looks good so far! 

Quick question:
1) Can I only use the build-in newsletter template in your plugin to write newsletters? I would like to give the newsletter templates from mailjet a try as well. 
2) If it is possible to create newsletters in mailjet (and not via your plugin), is all data synced with oxwall (e.g. unsubscribes)?
Thank you 

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 13 '18
1) you can only use wysiwyg editor in plugin, maybe in next version i add this feature, if i sell more plugin licences

2) when you select users in newsletter plugin and then send mails, plugin using mailjet api to send mails, so data is synced when u send mails (if users unsubscribe email after previous newsletter, then they dont get new mails, if u send newsletter via plugin, if u send newsletter using mailjet site, then they get mails)
Matthias
Matthias Mar 13 '18
Thank you for the fast answer, you are a great developer and I wish you all the success here at Oxwall!

I do hope you sell more licences and add the possiblity to use the mailjet templates. The wysiwyg in oxwall is nice, but very limited. 

fingers crossed!

ArtMedia
ArtMedia Mar 13 '18
i know it, but you can develop plugin if you refund time (selling licences) spending to create plugin ;)
You do not have permission to reply this topic