We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Default loading page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Ajay Vijayachandraprasad
Hi, I changed my hosting service.After it I updated my website to Oxwall 1.0.3. But when I access my site the blog page is loaded. I checked the pages and Menus. But the My Profile is standing the most left side. But when I access my website the default loading page is blogs. Please give me a solution to solve this problem.

My site: http://buddyrokz.co.in
The Forum post is edited by Ajay Vijayachandraprasad Jan 25 '11
Den Team
Den Jan 25 '11
Hi
You have setup blogs as a first page for none logged in users in Admin Panel->Pages&Menus
Ajay Vijayachandraprasad
Sorry I couldn't understand what you said. If I log in I see the blog page at first. I attach a file that shows the menu arrangement of my site. Please help to solve this problem.
The Forum post is edited by Ajay Vijayachandraprasad Jan 25 '11
Attachments:
  blogs.JPG (113.4Kb)
Ajay Vijayachandraprasad
The problem is solved. I reinstalled my site...Thank you for your help…
Martha R. Boyer
Martha R. Boyer Sep 3 '23

It seems like you're experiencing an issue with your Oxwall website where the default loading page is set to the blog page instead of the desired landing page. To fix this problem, you can follow these steps:

Login to Your Admin Dashboard:

Access your Oxwall admin dashboard by going to yourwebsite.com/admin (replace "yourwebsite.com" with your actual domain).

Check the Default Landing Page:

Navigate to the "Settings" section or a similar menu in your Oxwall admin dashboard.

Look for an option or setting related to "Default Landing Page" or "Homepage."

Change the default landing page to the one you want (e.g., "My Profile" or another page you prefer).

Save Changes:

After selecting the desired landing page, make sure to save your changes.

Clear Cache (if necessary):

Sometimes, web pages may be cached by your browser or server. To ensure that your changes take effect immediately, clear your browser cache and, if applicable, any server-side caching.

Test Your Website:

Close your browser, reopen it, and access your website again to see if the landing page issue is resolved.

Check for Plugin Conflicts:

If the issue persists, it's possible that a plugin or theme on your Oxwall site is causing a conflict. Try disabling any recently added or updated plugins and themes one by one to see if the issue goes away after each deactivation. This will help you identify the culprit.

Review Documentation and Support:

If you're still having trouble after trying the above steps, consider consulting the Oxwall documentation or seeking support from the Oxwall community or your hosting provider. They may have specific guidance or solutions for your version of Oxwall.

By following these steps, you should be able to set your desired landing page in Oxwall and resolve the issue of the blog page loading as the default.