We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mobile menu colours | Forum

Shaun
Shaun Apr 24 '18
Hi, I would like to change the mobile background colour from grey to something else maybe blue or green. Can this be done?
iDragon Solution Co., Ltd
1. Go go Admin panel
2.Clicks on Customize under Appearance
3. Scroll down to Mobile section
4. Change the values
Shaun
Shaun Apr 24 '18
I am using the Ethos theme and unfortunatly it doesnt have support for mobile theme editing.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 24 '18
If you are talking about the Oxwall default mobile version, you would need to go to oxwall/themes/your theme/mobile/base.css, and make your css changes there. All of the default Oxwall mobile layout, and styling is in the mobile folder. Theme Devs generally include that in case users won't to use it.
Shaun
Shaun Apr 24 '18
Thanks but I am not great CSS. I will have to have a Google and see what I can find.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 27 '18
One easy way to do it is to use the Oxwall demo page.

https://demo.oxwall.com/
Go to the bottom, and click "Mobile Version". This will display the mobile version on you desktop. You can then use inspect element to find the element to change in the mobile css in the "mobile" folder inside your theme folder.
For example. The gray background you mentioned is the html, body element.

You just have to remember that this needs to be changed in the css file inside the "Mobile" folder, and not the main base css file that is in the root of the theme folder.

You will also need to set dev mode at the bottom of the config.php file to true after you make your changes, go to your site, and refresh any page, then go back and set dev mod back to false.
One other thing to remember is that your changes will be wiped out on a theme update since updates replace all files; not just the changes that were made.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 27 '18
Here's a screenshot with a light green background.
Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 22.29.15.png (561Kb)
Shaun
Shaun May 1 '18
Quote from Darryl B Here's a screenshot with a light green background.
Thanks for the reply Darren, I will try tonight and see what I can do.