We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

will next oxwall update be mobile? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jeo
jeo Oct 9 '12
Hi oxwall dev, will this next update thats comming be a mobile support script for all mobiles? Also how long now to update and can you post a blog telling us on oxwall whats gonna be new? 

thanks joe
Alia Team
Alia Oct 9 '12
Jeo, mobile plug in will not be releases in upcoming build.  We are expecting the next build to be released in about one month. And with regards to blog, yes there will be a post describing upcoming features ))
Joseph
Joseph Oct 9 '12
you said 1 month 3 weeks ago Aliia is it still 1 month 3 weeks later or are you guys closer to the release?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The development should be more open unlike how Oxwall currently operates. It does no harm having a published time-lines for each versions. Not exact dates but tentative time-lines will be fine.

Instead of taking several months for including many enhacemnets, it will be good and keep the community active & enthusiastic when regular updates to Oxwall is done with a short deadlines(may be once in 2 months).

Joseph
Joseph Oct 9 '12
no one is pushing it ow visuals I was just making a statement they said 1 month about 3 weeks ago
jeo
jeo Oct 9 '12
i agree with Joseph, but i get your point ow visuals, i know i keep asking as i am very happy to have oxwall for a script and want my users to have the best for their needs too.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 10 '12
Guys, I really don't know the exact date yet. Three weeks ago estimated date was about 1 month. I believe that it is still the same, (+)(-) couple of weeks.
Cartonic
Cartonic Oct 27 '12
+/- a couple of weeks? 4 weeks wich make a month mean a couple of weeks(imho, a couple mean everything more than 2 ... could mean more than 4).
One month plus anotjer month ... in that situation the update will be ready before Christmas? :(
Victor Daniel Tremblay
Heeee wasn't Joe's question about Oxwall being Mobile ready?

Well Joe, Oxwall is actually full format ready, from cell phones up to Smart TV's.  I am using Andrea's plugin and with a little tweek here and there it gives me the results I want.
http://www.oxwall.org/user/zeromax

Thank you Allia for taking the time to tell us the estimated dates of the next version.
Victor Daniel Tremblay
But with few days experiencing with the plugin I discovered that it is fairly unstable ;-(
Cartonic
Cartonic Oct 29 '12

Quote from Victor Daniel Tremblay But with few days experiencing with the plugin I discovered that it is fairly unstable ;-(
Think/test before you speak ... applies here too.
The Forum post is edited by Cartonic Oct 29 '12