We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Updating | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 9 '12
How can I update my 1.4.0 package to 1.4.1? There was suppose to be some type of software update on the Admin area people talk about, but I can't find it, and I'm using softaculous which is still hosting the 1.4.0.
Abbey
Abbey Oct 9 '12
They said to wait till it was available in the admin panel Jake, it's not there yet
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The update notification does not appear immediately. It will take some time to be shown in your admin page.
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 10 '12
If so, where would one find it at in the admin area?
Abbey
Abbey Oct 10 '12
when it's there you'll see it
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Normally it takes 24 hours to show up.
JB TECH
JB TECH Oct 11 '12
Got it, nevermind. Thanks for the help anyways.
Abbey
Abbey Oct 11 '12
whats the update supposed to do anyway?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 12 '12
Abbey,  it is security release. You can find more info on what was changed here:  http://blog.oxwall.org/2012/10/oxwall-1-4-1-security-release
Abbey
Abbey Oct 12 '12

Quote from Aliia Abbey,  it is security release. You can find more info on what was changed here:  http://blog.oxwall.org/2012/10/oxwall-1-4-1-security-release

Yeah I've read that before, doesn't really say much, if it was to stop the spam bots who've been plaguing oxwall sites then it didn't work I'm sorry
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus Oct 12 '12
Am I going to lose data when I update?
Abbey
Abbey Oct 12 '12
No Kumi, you should lose nothing
Alia Team
Alia Oct 12 '12
Abbey,  it wasn't meant to stop spam. For spam issue we recommend using AntiSpammer plug in for now.

Abbey
Abbey Oct 12 '12
Yeah I tried that, it blocked more than it was supposed to
Alia Team
Alia Oct 14 '12
Regarding antispammer I think that it is better to contact plugin developer if  it is working incorrectly.

This topic is devoted to updating, so let  me know if you have any other questions regarding the new security release.
Abbey
Abbey Oct 14 '12
ok.... what's the new security release securing out sites from?
Alia Team
Alia Oct 15 '12
Abbey,  added fixes secure sites from external manipulation of user roles  and execution of XSS attacks via join form.